Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How early?

Poster: A snowHead
Here's a new topic... how early do you start counting the days towards your next ski break? I start in August right after the summer break. That lasts until January when i usually go then make a commitment to myself to stop thinking about skiing until the following August (otherwise the countdown is just too long!!!)

Are there people visiting this website daily throughout the year?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowforever wrote:

No of course not! Do you think we're saddos here? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh - and I don't count down the days until I can use just my two hands (once...)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowforever wrote:
Here's a new topic... how early do you start counting the days towards your next ski break? I start in August right after the summer break. That lasts until January when i usually go then make a commitment to myself to stop thinking about skiing until the following August (otherwise the countdown is just too long!!!)

I don't start counting down until I have booked something, which is usually only a few weeks before traveling.

But that doesn't stop me thinking about it just about every day.

Quote:

Quite a few Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Approximately 1100 sleeps til my next trip, in all likelihood. I can't wait!

Is it too soon to start looking at the webcams?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
paulio wrote:
Approximately 1100 days til my next trip,

1100 days
Shocked Shocked You may as well cut yer wrists now, that is one biatch of a sabbatical Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd normally have two ski trips booked by now. Damn the crunch! Sad

Am still waiting to see if I get a Summer hol that I can start counting down the days till.

Quote:

I wouldn't know, I only pop in every now and again Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="alex_heney"]
snowforever wrote:

I don't start counting down until I have booked something, which is usually only a few weeks before traveling.

But that doesn't stop me thinking about it just about every day.

[quote]

Well you need to start planning before booking so that will require thinking about it right ? Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
I'd normally have two ski trips booked by now. Damn the crunch! Sad

Am still waiting to see if I get a Summer hol that I can start counting down the days till.

Quote:

I wouldn't know, I only pop in every now and again Toofy Grin

He said daily, not hourly Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
90 days if you want to set up a free http://www.disposablewebpage.com/ for some reason Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque wrote:
paulio wrote:
Approximately 1100 sleeps til my next trip,

1100 days
Shocked Shocked You may as well cut yer wrists now, that is one biatch of a sabbatical Crying or Very sad

That was only an approximation.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
paulio,
I bet you go before.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

1100 days You may as well cut yer wrists now, that is one biatch of a sabbatical

Please tell me you sleep five times a day.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
beequin wrote:
Please tell me you sleep five times a day.

If I did it would be over 5000.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paulio wrote:
Approximately 1100 sleeps til my next trip, in all likelihood. I can't wait!

Is it too soon to start looking at the webcams?

Just take a few naps every day.
snow report
Grrrrr when I posted there was no beequin post or paulio response.
snow conditions
cathy,
Quote:
Oh - and I don't count down the days until I can use just my two hands (once...)

Using binary you can count up to 1023 on your fingers if you use both hands (or 31 on one hand).

So not long to go Paulio and until you can start counting too...

I start counting from about Sept 15th, for reasons known only to myself and everyone else who has to confirm their leaseback bookings by that date.
ski holidays
by the last day of the winter season I've already worked out the earliest I can get to zermatt in the summer, when I get there again after that, when I can sneak there again after that then how long after that will the 1st rideable snow drop in the autumn, then the 1st realistic day the lifts will open. Once the lifts open I'm already dreading the end of season and know how many days I have left until I can repeat all the above again whilst adding a +1 to my age Sad
Winter is way too short for me Sad I dont know how people do 7 days a winter once a year Puzzled
snow report
On the drive home
latest report
I don't count sleeps until the end of the summer but everytime I see overtime shifts advertised at work I think that would buy buy a flight then a ski pass and before i know it I've convinced myself I can book another little trip. Certainly think about skiing far too much! My name's ...... and I'm addicted to skiing maybe I need therapy . Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I've been counting the sleeps since my last ski trip, so 358 days in total for me. I don't have any other holidays.
latest report
um, i've been counting since the day i arrived back home from my trip in jan...? i was hoping for a cheeky trip some time in feb this year, but couldn't. so i have been waiting for my first intended trip for this coming season which is in the second week of december. so it's either 101 or 135 days til my next one in jan! (if i don't get the trip i want in dec.) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I'm skiing all this week, even though I'm knackered and jet-lagged. I'm counting down the days until I don't have to put ski boots on...
snow report
Rather like rob@rar I'm skiing too much at present (averaged about 5 times/week for the last month or two) to be thinking too hard about anything further. Will start fretting about the mountains after the summer racing season is over (i.e. towards the end of next month).
ski holidays
My Mtns are much to short to be skiing now but I have been shopping for skis all summer.
2 weeks ago when another car went by me heading S just 5 miles from the BC border with 4 pair of skis on the rack I was rather jealous. Toofy Grin
First snow of the season usually mid Sept. and mid Nov. before the typical early start, earliest I've skied locally, and I hiked for it Oct 10th, so ready for it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy