Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

should I pull my girlfriend out of work for a week of skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
When I booked my ski holiday for next year I didn't give too much thought to this as wasn't sure whether she really wanted to go to Skiing or not. Now I'm pretty sure she wants to come but what I would like to know is, is this a real no no or is it not too much of a problem. I am worried about the impact this might have on her career prospects as it's a very competitive environment and it would be wrong for her development if she was considered a 'slacker'. Have looked at her companies Intranet and it would seem that leave is only given in the case of an emergency.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a thoroughly modern chap you are, letting the lady out to work!

I'd suggest you have a bit of a chat with the boss, explain the predicament and see if he'll let her go, just this once. Of course you'd expect she'd be held back from a promotion or suchlike, but then, she's not likely to get on much anyway, is she? I mean, these women and their habits of having excessive leave for breeding...

Little Angel

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 23-08-09 22:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, you should have enough time for her to put in for maternity leave Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, perhaps you could encourage her to keep a diary of the holiday, to write a bit about the local economy in the resort you choose, and perhaps to learn a bit of the local language? You should also explain to her boss that the holiday will be good for her personal and social development, ask whether there is any work she should do when she's away and promise that you will ensure that she does it properly. Perhaps she could send a daily email back to her workmates, telling them about the fun you are having together, and concentrating on writing complete sentences, with careful spelling and punctuation.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
More importantly, should you pull out of your girlfriend for a week's skiing? It's a tough decision.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w,
Quote:

telling them about the fun you are having together

Just send the video Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At Man City all they got was a cup of tea and half an orange.........
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett, Be fair to the girl, leave her at thome, anyway with you out of the way she will have plenty of time to do the cleaning and ironing.

rob@rar, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perhaps you should let her make the decision?? I know this will meet with howls from some corners, but, to be fair, only she will really know the long term impact of this absence, and whether she'll be tarred as a 'slacker'. Although you've personally talked to the head master, in my experience, often they just go by the book, without real regard for the prevailing circumstances
Very Happy

Al'
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett, Leave her at work. Go skiing and pull a new girlfriend. Sorted. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bertie bassett, don't her company give holidays at all? Is she tied to some formal / outdated holiday requirements?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My initial thoughts were that it would be hard to ski if you didn't..............................

Then I re-read the title and realised it wasn't "SHould I pull out of my girlfriend to go skiing"
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, Is she u16?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chrisdavis wrote:
At Man City all they got was a cup of tea and half an orange.........

'ello Rodney. Didn't know you were a skier.
snow conditions
bertie bassett, Of course you should phone in sick for her, does she work for Glasgow NHS wink
latest report
Why not just take your wife and save the hassle?
snow report
Nadenoodlee, Laughing
ski holidays
Axsman wrote:
bertie bassett, Leave her at work. Go skiing and pull a new girlfriend. Sorted. Madeye-Smiley

Have you ever been in a ski resort? The odds aren't good and the goods are odd wink
snow report
Leave her at work so she can earn money to pay for your next skiing holiday Toofy Grin
ski holidays
rich.ll wrote:
Leave her at work so she can earn money to pay for your next skiing holiday Toofy Grin

Spooky, almost verbatim per my (predictable) was-to-be response.
snow report
Does anyone else really want to know what exactly the lady works at that she get's no holidays?

Surely having only a week off is still under the legal requirements for any job in this day and age?
latest report
bushid0 wrote:
Does anyone else really want to know what exactly the lady works at that she get's no holidays?

Surely having only a week off is still under the legal requirements for any job in this day and age?

Perhaps she doesn't work in Europe (including the UK)?

Not everywhere has European style employment laws.
snow conditions
Perhaps she's an imaginary girlfriend? I had an imaginary girlfriend for many years - and she was better looking than Bertie Basset's.

She doesn't come round much, now I'm happily married Laughing

DJ
latest report
DJ wrote:
I had an imaginary girlfriend for many years.... She doesn't come round much

Are you saying that you used to imagine she was your girlfriend but you still keep her drugged? Shocked
snow conditions
No, she was really my girlfriend, it's just that she didn't really exist. I don't do that thing with the drugs any more.

DJ
snow report
Quote:

Perhaps she's an imaginary girlfriend? I had an imaginary girlfriend for many years

DJ, I have an imaginary female friend, when I asked her out on a date she said she couldn't imagine me as more than a friend Crying or Very sad
latest report
bushid0, the whole thread is a piss-take. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, that stands for most of apres. (which is where this should be) Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy