Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Level 2 Alpine ski course

Poster: A snowHead
After doing my level 1 in the Uk I am now looking to do my level 2. I intend to go to Uni this year so ideally I would love to do it at Christmas when I have a four week holiday.

I have looked briefly on the internet for courses but to no avail, I am looking for an all inclusive deal. If any of you snowheads have any info. for me that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surfsuperstar, all the BASI courses are listed on the BASI website. NewGen are running a L2 course 7-18 December.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, thanks, I will check out New Gen. However I can't get on with the BASI website.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Surfsuperstar, do you have a reading week in October, or late Jan? I used to have uni hols around those times, see if there are any courses running then.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Surfsuperstar, you won't find any "all inclusive" deals for level 2 - it's not how this stuff works. You book the course through BASI or the partner and will then need to sort out your own travel, accommodation, food and lift pass.

Surfsuperstar wrote:
However I can't get on with the BASI website.

Sorry to be negative, but FFS exactly how difficult is it for you to select two items from two drop down boxes - Alpine / Alpine Level 2 Instructor - especially when someone has given you a direct link for the courses page.

You give me the sense that you're treating this as a package holiday - not a professional course.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FlyingStantoni, How nicely put!!! I am rather busy and stressed at the moment with exam results coming out, planning a 'proffesional course' as it may be is pushed out of my mind!!!

I do indead understand that it is not a package holiday, I can go skiing any time I want in the winter due to my location. However as I am only 18 planning accomodation, lift passes and flights is rather hard!!

beanie1, Thanks I will look for something like that as I can't see any courses that overlap my holidays. I guess it gets too busy in the resorts.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surfsuperstar - the youth of today rolling eyes Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FlyingStantoni, fair comment from a generation of years gone by who is past their prime!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pathetic.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Surfsuperstar, where are you planning on going to university and what do you plan to study there? As a matter of interest.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Surfsuperstar, speak for yourself.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, Medicine at Durham
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Surfsuperstar, you could wait until next summer and do level 2 on the glacier in Hintertux, course usually end july-early august.
It won't be up on the BASI schedule for a while though.

Good luck with the degree.....fingers crossed for your A level results due tomorrow?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Surfsuperstar wrote:
Hurtle, Medicine at Durham
Good luck and do keep us posted. I'm interested to know what grades they require.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, AAA for sure.
Surfsuperstar has probably already got something like 7 A* and 2 A plus a history of helping out in hospitals etc for at least 2 years.

Incredibly difficult to get into these days.
ski holidays
rungsp, interesting, thanks. Is the medical faculty at Durham highly thought of?
ski holidays
rungsp wrote:
Surfsuperstar has probably already got something like 7 A* and 2 A plus a history of helping out in hospitals etc for at least 2 years.

and yet he can't work the BASI website. says something about something... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Arno, my eldest has a PhD from Cambridge. You can't send him to the shop for more than 3 things though .......... rolling eyes
snow report
Hurtle, Its not ''highly'' thought of but I didnt get an offer from St ANdrews which is thought of as the best.

rungsp, I got AAAB in Chem, Bio, maths and the B in Physics. I was over the moon on thurs. Very Happy Also thanks for the idea about Hinterlux.

Did anyone else get A level results?
snow conditions
Surfsuperstar, hooray, well done!
snow report
Hurtle, thanks man, I was so stressed out in the run up to them. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Surfsuperstar, well done! You'll love Durham, I have friends who went there and had an awesome time. Very active ski & board club too. Which college?
snow report
beanie1, Grey's. I will be first in line for the ski club at freshers lol
ski holidays
Hey everyone,

If any of you wish to gain BASI 1 and 2 over the up and coming season, then have a glance at our website- www.basecampgroup.com- and you'll see for yourself our wide range of courses that we offer.

If you require more information then please get in touch by emailing contact@basecampgroup.com or call us on 0207 243 6222...

Look forward to hearing from you!

Regards

The Base Camp Team
latest report
Base Camp, I will check that out
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy