Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski jacket - any suggestions?

Poster: A snowHead
Finished with my old ski jacket, looking a wee bit outdated now, so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for ski jackets? Seem to be a few sales around at the moment, so thought it was worth a look

Cheers

K
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kosciosco, Filarinskis in Havant have a lot going cheap at the moment - but it's a bit of a way from Bedfordshire.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bit too far away for me...but thanks anyway
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kosciosco, S&R at Hemel still seen to have quite a few at half price.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What colour are you after?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Me too, and S&R at Hemel don't have anything in bright green (at least in pixie sizes) which is what I want. Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
Me too, and S&R at Hemel don't have anything in bright green (at least in pixie sizes) which is what I want. Sad

Hurtle October ski show if you can wait till then?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyder- upside- warm but not sweaty; loads of pockets and stuff; lots of spider type motifs.
downside- wife won't shut up about how much it cost; weighs a ton; not good for arachnophobics!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schöffel, no spiders! Wife glad I spend the money and got a decent jacket, in the sale mind you. Nice an warm, plenty of pockets and some nice touches, in built hood and those things that cover your hands (not gloves) you pull them out of the sleeve
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
An insulated ski jacket or a shell? Having switched to shell jackets a couple of seasons ago I wouldn't voluntarily wear anything else.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kosciosco, Got a North Face Free Thinker II in Ellis Brigham a couple of weeks ago a superb shell jacket for half price!

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code_in=306706

Still have my previous North Face Sedition II soft shell which is structurally perfect after about 8 holidays and constant wear on cold or wet days at home. Not quite waterproof anymore though but fine for cold dry days.

Thoroughly recommend shells - if you layer properly. I have never been too cold or too warm since I started using them
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
Filarinskis in Havant have a lot going cheap at the moment

Hmm, I quite like the look of this and I'm going to visit a friend in Bosham on Friday, so maybe could go and have a look. I guess it's a shell (which I'd prefer.) Does anyone know if White Rock is a good make?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It does look nice, but to me it looks a bit too fitted to be a shell. Not much room for yer jumpers underneath.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
It does look nice, but to me it looks a bit too fitted to be a shell. Not much room for yer jumpers underneath.
Yeah, you could well be right. Actually, I've never skied in a shell jacket (except at Hemel) so I'm not too fussed, so long as I can fit a very thin and a thinnish mid layer under it. I'll take one of my usual mid layers with me, perhaps.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't need to replace my jacket, but if I did I would give www.sailandski.co.uk a try. Very recently they had a great range of Scott jackets for men and women at very good prices (09/10 season stock). It made me wish I could afford to buy a new one .......!! As for features, look for one with a pocket on the left wrist for your lift pass, a snow skirt, and good pockets inside for valuables and goggles/sunnies etc. Hope you find what you're looking for. Little Angel
ski holidays
Check out this website bro , this jacket is the bomb and not too expensive for being DC . Cool, new , have it and love it !!

http://www.surfdome.com/dc_snowboard_jackets_-_dc_servo_19_snowboard_jacket_-_pendant_white-16688
ski holidays
I used a short TNF soft shell last year and was toasty with two thin layers under it. I had opted for the small rucksack arrangement, so lack of pockets not an issue. You'd probably want the high-waisted salos with it tho.Napolean pocket worked fine for lift pass.

IMHO much more comfortable than a heavy jacket - and you can wear it anywhere.
ski holidays
Doing a search for Ski Jacket threads, this seemed to be the latest - but it's 5 years old. What are your current thoughts on good-value shell ski jackets? My Monro jacket from admin must be a decade old - and it's beginning to show. Even though not called a ski Jacket, the Berghaus Suilven ticks a lot of boxes for me - but I'd appreciate other thoughts.

To get things in perspective, my tough hillwalking days are over as is off piste. For next season, I am planning on only 1 week's skiing at the Birthday Bash - and will be on piste for that. That said - if I am at the far end of the Sella Ronda and the weather turns tough, I want a jacket that can handle the conditions.
snow report
More importantly what colour zips do you want?
snow report
achilles, there are some good deals on Berghaus jackets on sportpursuit right now. Not that one specifically, but worth a look to see if anything takes your fancy

sorry, they do have the Suilven in blue for £109 but limited sizes
snow conditions
Saw in TK Maxx Leicester yesterday some Columbia Jackets in White (male M/L/XL) , think they were priced at £79.99. Might be worth a look
snow report
MrBoDangles, This

Sportsdirect have spider jackets on at the moment reduced from £450 to £235!!!!
ski holidays
Oh god, just realised my epic fail and posted on a 5 year old post - somebody shoot me at once! rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy