Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski all season (2009) in the UK domes - For Free?

Poster: A snowHead
Well, Nixmaps thread has finally melted, and everyone’s got bored. Now we have all summer and autumn to get ready for the ski season 2010.

If you like the idea of living in a house and skiing all summer, but don’t like the idea of working a six days a week, you might find this offer interesting.

We are a British family of 3 living in the UK, we have a private house that we use on weekday evenings, Wednesdays, on the weekends and UK school holidays.

We would like to find a house helper/ couple to look after it (and us) for the summer season, not just as house keepers but people who love to ski as well.

What that means is you work on weekends and some weekday evenings then get to ski at High Wycombe or do your own thing for the other 5 days of the week.

Typically we would arrive home most evenings, and leave each morning, apart from Wednesdays when my wife stays the day. We also stay all weekend until Monday mornings. We would expect you to do regular household chores, cooking, cleaning, occasional child minding (ages 19 months), teaching, and other helpful activities ensuring stress free evenings and weekends. In return you get a whole week to do what you like. (Ski).

Occasionally we may have house guests, and school holidays mean we would stay for longer periods which is an extra work load, but not a disaster.

The house is in a well known town in Southern UK. Local Skiing (160m) is literally 45 mins drive from your door, at the latest snow centre in High Wycombe. Other famous ski areas such as Milton Keynes (180m) and Tamworth (slope with a 90 degree corner in it !) are within easy reach, plus a plethora of dry slopes to further hone skills.

Accommodation is inside the house is in 1 bedroom, alternatively you may use the loft, shed or camp in the garden at your leisure. During the week days of course (whilst we are at work) you can use the full facilities of the house when it is empty.

We would like to hear from genuine applicants, preferably a couple of Swedish nympho babes, naturally you should be capable of doing all tasks above without difficulty, or attitude, or any clothes on.

What you do in your own time is up to you of course,

I hope this isn’t posted too late for any serious applicants.

Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS. This isn't a job or commercial arrangment,but it'll hopefully cost me less than the £17.5 I currently pay a cleaner to do 2.5 hrs a week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gazzza, Is your missus fit ? wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seems a pretty good deal and I hear despite their low altitude, these resorts are snowsure and can be skiied all year round.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is this just summer deal or whole year? I got sick of living in Alps, so I would be ready to try something different, and this sounds like great deal Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gazzza, has High Wycombe even been built yet? And I almost applied. Maybe next season?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops wrote:
Gazzza, Is your missus fit ? wink

Surely a matter of personal taste. One mans nectar is another mans poison, apparently. But put it this way, I've had worse...
And she was fit enough to warrant producing off-spring nos. 1.

NomadicBoo wrote:
..has High Wycombe even been built yet?

Oh yes. Apparently the new snow system there is so good, it's better than that real snow rubbish you'll find up in the mountains.
It's set to become the freeride mecca of Southern England, and thus far the piste saftey teams have a 100% track record as far as avalanche incidents go.

vman wrote:
...these resorts are snowsure and can be skiied all year round

Yes it's amazing - in summer the snow is still there, and in winter it never gets too cold or windy. Ideal for your fairweather skier.
And you only get spring slush when there's a prolonged power cut !

However, as non of you have confirmed your resemblence to swedish nympho babes I'm afraid I cannot take your applications too seriously.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gazzza wrote:
However, as non of you have confirmed your resemblence to swedish nympho babes I'm afraid I cannot take your applications too seriously.

That was not stated in original offer, otherwise I would be ready for some plastic surgery since your offer sounds so great Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gazzza, Does it include food or do we have to buy or own, will we be able to use your transport or should we bring our car? Happy to wash your car as well Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
in reference to applicants preferably been swedish nympho's, I was wondering if someone could provide legal guidance on whether this constitutes a discrimatory job/ none job offer.

Very Happy

ps can you post any photos of suitable applicants.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
primoz wrote:
That was not stated in original offer, otherwise I would be ready for some plastic surgery since your offer sounds so great Laughing

Please refer to para 10, of the non-advertisement for the not-a-job. That said, plastic surgery would be considered acceptable provided it was so good that it was unrecogniseable after 7 pints. Will you promise to "love me long time" ?

radar wrote:
Does it include food or do we have to buy or own, will we be able to use your transport or should we bring our car? Happy to wash your car as well

Dinner party leftovers are available prior to composting.

Transport can be provided if you are happy with a bicccle with ladies cross-bar.

Of course, strap a pair of roller skates to each ski and you have an efficient green transport and can get some cross-country practice in for good measure. The local constabulory may take offence to your carrying a rifle on your shoulder, so best not to assume you can train for biatholon.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gazzza wrote:
That said, plastic surgery would be considered acceptable provided it was so good that it was unrecogniseable after 7 pints. Will you promise to "love me long time" ?

For "after 7 pints" I doubt I need surgery at all Laughing Is that "love me long time" also one of conditions applicant has to fulfill? Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gazzza wrote:
But put it this way, I've had worse...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

do you tup the housemaids?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Surely one could only do that if they were ovine ?

Puzzled
snow conditions
Gazzza, Laughing Laughing Laughing

No ski teaching too - sounds a great offer
latest report
Gazzza wrote:

the freeride mecca of Southern England

thought that was Reading on a saturday night
snow report
barry wrote:
do you tup the housemaids?

That's a verb I'd not heard before. Excellent. Although it got me thinking, is "tupperware" therefore another name for Welsh national costume?

Zing!
snow conditions
paulio, does tupperware include velcro gloves? Laughing
ski holidays
I knew youd all get bored once the genuine thread was removed, maybe I should post the 2011, version.

The 2010 respondent is asking about, being able to do a blog.

Im ok with that, really to be fair it should be hosted on snowheads, but I can't see any way to do that with out it being removed, or locked. What should I do?

Maybe we should put it on our own website, and charge a few francs for registration, then split it.

I cant work out what this would mean for regulations and tax implications though.
snow report
Strange echo in here
snow report
radar wrote:
GazzzaHappy to wash your car as well Madeye-Smiley

While you've got the hosepipe and sponge out to wash the car, I could help out by washing the Swedish nympho babes. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
moffatross, HEY, back of the queue.
snow report
nixmap wrote:
I knew youd all get bored once the genuine thread was removed

No no, it's still there. It's just dropped to pg 2 now. Your lack of Swedish babes was your downfall. Though I doubt I'll achieve the 13 page glory of your thread, though I might end up with a clean car.
Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy