Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lesser known resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Les Contamines?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, Les Contamines has much to commend it. It's pretty well known, though. Maybe Notre Dame de Bellecombe?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
les karellis, never heard a word of English, access lift from car park you had to take your skis off! Super terrain, if a bit small and we stayed here, very 2 star, but the restaurant...yummmmm (another thread reminded me of it and i have been feeling hungry all evening since then!)

http://www.hoteldunord.net/en.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
carroz, I would make a point of not staying anywhere with a website like that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs, yes, it used to be just dreadful, then they re vamped it.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Its not that un-known but it is quiet a small resort with less than 100k's of piste, Sierra Nevada on southern spain, great little resort( when the chair lifts are not collapsing Shocked )
love it there only 30 mins from Granada and 1 1/2 hours fom the coast as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bovec in Slovenia might be worth considering. The link to Sella Nevea should be complete this season giving access to acres of untouched off piste skiing. An added bonus is the low cost of food and drinks in Slovenia, last time I was there a large beer on the mountain was €1.50!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have been choosing resorts and accommodations from Bergfex. If I have to make a guess I would say a big chunk of the 157 Swiss, 336 Austrian, 84 Italians and 129 German resorts are not well known.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
not to mention the 300 plus in France wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Always wanted to try some of the resorts y7ou only ever see on those early morning webcam programs on german\austrain TV
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Absolutely agree, and would put Carinthia on this lis (Nassfeld, Heiligenblut, Bad Kleinkirchenheim, Gerlitzen etc.)

Bad Kleinkirchheim is hardly unknown; try St Oswald, just up the road.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
saikee wrote:
I have been choosing resorts and accommodations from Bergfex. If I have to make a guess I would say a big chunk of the 157 Swiss, 336 Austrian, 84 Italians and 129 German resorts are not well known.

Hihi, yes. And now try to imagine the "unknowness" (does this word exist?) of all those resorts in Switzerland and Italy which are not even listed at Bergfex (Bergfex is Austria-based and includes only larger, better known resorts in Switzerland and Italy).

If you want to discover a complete "unknown" part of the Alps, try the ski resorts of the Cotian Alps (e.g. Prali) minus Milky Way / Sestriere of course. Those resorts are hardly known outside of skiers from Torino, I guess (though the snowpack varies heavily from year to year). Of course, some of these ski resorts are really small and do have lifts which would be considered quite outdated by the mainstream skier.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells offer internet connectivity for laptops? I'm traveling to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells this weekend with some friends. We are staying at the Wilderness on the Lake. I want to know if they offer wi-fi connectivity or any other internet connection for laptops. Do they?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We would like to spend 2/3 days boarding up in the Altesch Arena at easter.

We would like advice on which resort(s) to board in / stay in.

We would aim to arrive Fri AM, and park in one of the big car parks.
Take one of the cableway's up, board from 11 AM onwards.
Stay somewhere Friday night.
Head up again Saturday and board all day & stay somewhere Saturday night, board a bit Sunday till about 2:30, then head home.
Given that Easter is pretty late this year, and there might not still be snow low down:
Which are the best bits for boarding ?
Where are the best places to Stay?

Thanks for any recommendations.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
St Francoise Longchamps/Valmorel is a lovely ski area, some very good off piste and good prices in resort.

St Sorlin D'Arves is also a really nice village with good varied skiing, prices easily 30% cheaper than the mega areas. Skied fresh lines for a week I had there after one big dump at the start of the week!

You always remember those holidays the most.
ski holidays
We are currently exploring the wee resorts in the Jura. There are epic quantities of snow right now, we couldn't get up to Des Rousses last Sat morning and had to wait till about 11 a.m. until the roads were clearer!
snow conditions
Woah. What an old thread Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Always look forward to my annual week’s pilgrimage of the French Eastern Pyrenean resorts (Font Romeu, Les Angles, Espace c’Ambre d’Aze). Zero TO. V Few English. Good snow but also great sun record. All 3 resorts within 15 mins of each other. Best to stay in a central location (or one of the resorts) and ski whichever one is looking the most promising weather wise on the day. Drawback is being the Pyrenees not a massive altitude difference between too and bottom and top (less than 1000m)
snow report
+1 for Saint sorlin!
ski holidays
Saint sorlin is a must especially if it dumps! Valmienier isn't a bad choice either truly amazed at how empty the pistes were up top and the condition of the higher slopes, it pretty much snowed every night , I guess we were just lucky considering it was 2nd week of April
latest report
Just had a wk in val cenis which had a few brits in but drove to bonneval sur arc and aussois which you can ski for a day in on the same pass,which were both very pretty and quiet and very few english voices didnt manage to get to la norma due to one of our friends having a bad fall which shook her up a bit which was a shame
ski holidays
JamesHJ wrote:
We are currently exploring the wee resorts in the Jura. There are epic quantities of snow right now, we couldn't get up to Des Rousses last Sat morning and had to wait till about 11 a.m. until the roads were clearer!

Today is the day, hope you are still about to enjoy it!
snow conditions
Anyone been to the Obersaxen area near Flims? Might fit the bill.

Arolla is small but high and good skiing.

Notre dame de Bellecombe, Beaufort, La Giettaz on the French side.
ski holidays
Ugo wrote:
Anyone been to the Obersaxen area near Flims? Might fit the bill.

Arolla is small but high and good skiing.

Notre dame de Bellecombe, Beaufort, La Giettaz on the French side.

Obersaxen is great..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ViaAZTAdyQAG9Fu59

There's me there last Feb. I really loved our few days there, has some excellent pistes and very tidy off piste as well.
latest report
San pellegrino and you can link into Dolomiti super ski if you wish
ski holidays
San Martino di Castrozza
Trafoi
Solda
Madesimo
Pejo 3000

And that's just the Italian resorts I've been to.
snow conditions
Bormio, Italy.
ski holidays
@paulio, thanks for this. We've been going to large resorts (3V, EK) for a few years and with the 2xkids I'm rarely left with change from £6k+. However reflecting on it we probably ski a fraction of the area given the kids levels and time restraints for us to pick them up from lessons etc. I've just had a look at www.snowtrex.co.uk and some cracking less well known places (well less known to me) still with 100- 200km areas all in. Just a wee bit more work getting around resorts (e.g. buses etc) but probably possible for £2.5k all in incl flights/food/lift passes which in my book is amazing!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just noticed @paulio's post was 10 years ago!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy