Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adelboden- Anyone been there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, me and my girl fancy going to Adelboden for a weeks skiing.
Has anyone got any accommodation or package recommendations.

Ideally it would be great to fly from Manchester and get a transfer direct to Adelboden, but it seems that trains and bus are the way to get there once you land.

All thoughts welcome.
Cheers
Mark
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fly to zurich and self drive
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fly Manchester to Zurich on BA and then by Swiss Transfer tickets (about 80 euros each) and travel by train and post-bus. The train station is under the airport.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah I grew up around there, in a nextdoor resort.

I used to go often enough. Its OK I guess.

if you have a little gumption you can ski from Adelboden --> Lenk --ST Stephan --> Schoenreid --> Gstaad. theres a five minute bus ride. and a few trees in the way.

You could fly to Basel or geneva it wont make much difference.

I dont beleive the trains are that great, becuse the valley is a dead end..

Cars are expensive to rent in CH. I guess it depends on how you are located in the village. I would fly drive if you dont care about spending a little more
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nixmap wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%B6tschberg_Base_Tunnel ?

If you want transfer times you can use one of the rail planners. Put your destiniation in as Adelboden, Post - the small bus station in the village. I went in feb this year and took the train from London...

The end-of-week show is worth a look, and there's night sking on the world cup run below it.
The Ski-storage in Oey (Oestersport) is worth knowing about.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
.Ro wrote:
nixmap wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%B6tschberg_Base_Tunnel ?

Yay another wikiexpert

look closer

The train leaves you high and dry at Frutigen becuase it then goes to the Kandersteg which is not a dead end.
you have an half hour bus trip to Adelboden
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nixmap, Yes, hence putting a bus-stop into the rail planner Very Happy (I thought you were saying frutigen was a dead end.). The bus times coincide with the trains, which IMO makes the whole thing fairly painless.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dan100 wrote:
fly to zurich and self drive

Dont take a car .

1. Its is a waste of money
2. You will not use car all week.
3. The train is easier, more relaxing cheaper.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy