Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervina or Sauze d'olux in December?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have managed to get cheap flights to Milan Malpensa on the 17th December and can not decide if I should go to either of the two resorts mentioned? Never been to either so would love any pointers.
There will be 6 blokes from second week skiier to good intermediate and the mountain is more important than the night life. Mind you somewhere for a few beers is always good too!
My worry about Sauze is that snow might not be great that early??

Thanks in advance. wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maddness, How long will you be going for? This is important as although that week is quiet the following week is one of the busiest of the season and accomodation will be the difficulty!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maddness, Can you not wait till nearer the time to make a decision when you know what the snow is like?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just going for 5 days.Can you recommend any accomodation?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds, we can wait untill nearer the time but as we are only loooking for 5 days accomodation I have a feeling that a lot of the hotles will only book for a week and do not want to be stuck.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
maddness, Cervinia. I haven't looked up the stats, but Sauze is not very snow sure so I'd be really hesitant about going that early in the season. Cervinia on the other hand is high (really high!), and will almost certainly have better snow. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maddness, Cervinia will have the better snow. Sauze however have a few smaller places that you can book by the day. Not sure about christmas week though! This year we had a long weekend 4 days skiing 5 day trip and stayed in the Gran Trun. Accommodation is basic but good for a lads break. They book b&b by the night.

Cervinia will certainly have better snow. The trip over to Zermatt is great too. More for the second week skier also, as Cervinia's runs are wide and gentle. Nightlife was good in Cervinia, Sauze used to be hectic but I think it is more reserved now! Or it could be that I am more scared of heights these days and dancing on tables does not do it for me the way it used to. Melon Vodka shots etc.

Leave it till the last minute and if you can get something in Cervinia, go there but I doubt you will with the week that is in it! Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ChrisWo, Roy Hockley, are right. Sauze is low, and Cervinia high, so more snowsure. Although there is the potential for the whole Milky Way at your feet in Sauze, links may not be open. We stayed in hotel Astoria http://www.astoriacervinia.com/ which was right by the lifts in Cervinia several years ago. It was ok, food fine, and near enough the main drag for a few beers. I was a lowly, scardey cat intermediate in those days, so would say it is good cruising territory. The views are great and I did get over to Zermatt and up the gondola to where the air is thin and you have great views over the Monte Rosa.

Sauze was in a similar time frame and TBH I spent too much time in a crappy ski class to really comment on the skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy