Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for my wife - alternatives to Salamon Scrambler 700's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The last few years my wife has been lucky enough to get salomon scrambler 700’s everytime she’s rented.

For whatever reason she just gets on really well with them. A couple of years ago she got given a rental pair of some other pure hardcore piste carving salamons and she hated them to the point of loosing all her confidence and ability, and she became a wreck on the slopes. I don’t think she liked the hardcore carving nature with the edge biting right in and she couldn’t control the speed. Took them back to the shop and luckily they had scramblers in so she swapped. She was like a different person, back to her usual self, happily bimbling about all over the mountain. Her turns, particularly on the steeper bits, have a bit of slip in them as opposed to biting and carving round the whole turn, but she’s just happier that way, which I guess is fine.

However it’s getting to the point now where those scamblers are so old that she won’t find them in rental shops and she’s going to have to rent alternatives. I’ve told her to buy a pair but she won’t. I’m a boarder so I can’t really help her out, although from reading up I know the Scrambler 700’s are more all mountain ski’s as opposed to pure piste carving, which is why I think she likes them.

Can anyone suggest alternatives that she might find similar in style and performance, or is it just a case of asking at the rental shop for intermediate all mountain skis ??

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gazzza, I'm sure she would like the Dynastar Exclusive Active or Exclusive Legend. Both are women specific skis with similar waist width and turn radius to the scrambler most girls I know who have used em love em.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RPF wrote:
Gazzza, I'm sure she would like the Dynastar Exclusive Active or Exclusive Legend. Both are women specific skis with similar waist width and turn radius to the scrambler most girls I know who have used em love em.

Get her to try some out and then for your sanity (and joy of future holidays) once she's found a model she likes then buy her a pair!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RPF wrote:
Dynastar Exclusive Active or Exclusive Legend

Thanks, I'l look out for those.

bertie bassett wrote:
once she's found a model she likes then buy her a pair

The thought has crossed my mine but she's adamant she doesn't want her own. groan, girls eh? Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm surprised, I've always found Sramblers to be unresponsive, numb old things. Confused
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy