Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When is half term (February)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When is half term (February)?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jb1970, look at a tour op's brochure and the prices may tell you!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jb1970, For the UK - w/c 13/2/10, but if you are looking at France, the French hols begin the week before and go through to end of the first week of March. If you don't HAVE to travel during that period, you'll have more choice and lower prices, either side of these dates.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Half term where?

If it's France you're after then check out the official french school holidays website:
http://www.education.gouv.fr/pid184/le-calendrier-scolaire.html
...and in particular:
http://www.education.gouv.fr/calendrier.php?annee=5
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It depends. Google is your friend, though - just type in the name of your count and "term dates".
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IMHO in Paradiski then the worst week last season was when the parisiens and the Marseille holidays overlapped - [insert sweeping generalisation] the Marseilles brigade were noisy and rubbish skiers and the parisiens thought they owned the place and skied too fast. [/insert sweeping generalisation] this was the week after english 1/2 term in '09 i.e. w/c 22nd Feb. For 2010 it looks like les francais have swapped the zones around so know for the w/c 21st Feb you'll have the Parisiennes and the 'locals' - Grenoble Lyon etc - so I'd imagine that would also be pretty horrendous for the tarentaise resorts.

Some friends of mine who owned an appartment out there and tend to do whole seasons, always go home from for the whole of the French 1/2 term period as it avoids the horrendous lift queues, and I'm minded to agree with them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Some friends of mine who owned an appartment out there and tend to do whole seasons, always go home from for the whole of the French 1/2 term period as it avoids the horrendous lift queues, and I'm minded to agree with them.

That's what we do. You don't buy an apartment in order to queue for lifts! My daughter is expecting her first baby on 9 February which is pretty good timing - she'll JUST be able to fly out at Christmas, if all is well, and hopefully the most hectic weeks of my grandparenting will be over about the time the slopes empty again. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
actually as a slight aside - can anyone explain to me why in france when everything is done from departments and department codes the 'calendrier scolaire' seems to be based around cities?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jb1970, check the french ones that altis, put on, and see when they collide hideously with the Glasgow ones....You can find these online http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2009/01/SchoolHolidays

edit - similarly, google half term dates for those south of the border. they tend to span fornights e.g. Durham is different to North Yorks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Date for all schools in England 2010
2011 is under construction
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Think you'll find everywhere in England is off the same week next year as they were this year. That's why 13 - 20 Feb is the price it is.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy