Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKIING END NOV/EAR DEC 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning a very short trip (3 days from 30 nov till 2 Dec) and would like to know where we can find ski resorts that are open at this time.
We are classifed as beginners having only ski once before. We will be travelling from Paris the Day before, so somewher in France/Italy close to a major train station. Any advice will be welcome
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last year you could have picked virtually anywhere, the yr before would have been less good. My 1st thought is check out the snowhead Joanne Mountainsun. She does short trips to Tignes (& other areas). Tignes bootcamps start in October & by mid-November last year, I think the whole area was open (might even have been the whole of the Espace Killy). I don't know about how close the trains get to there but another area that is close to the trains is Les Arcs. Both are in France & in the Tarentaise so quite northerly, hence closer to Paris. These are huge, high, snowsure areas which might be a bit excessive for you so someone who lives in the area might have more manageable alternatives. I'm not sure how good Tignes is for beginners.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DEVILLIERS, We are open from 28th November, and een if the nursery slopes in the village are not open, we are able to teach beginners at 2,100m; 2,600m and the glacier where we have summer skiing. You can get the TGV to Grenoble (around 3 hours) and a bus from the station up to the resort (about 1.25 hours). We are further south, but but it doesn't actually take any longer to get here. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool, thanks for the info.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

by mid-November last year, I think the whole area was open (might even have been the whole of the Espace Killy)

I don't think it was - even if there's a fair heap of snow, they don't open all the lifts until there are enough skiers to pay for lift tickets. wink The Mountainsun idea is a good one, as is Les Deux Alpes. I don't think Les Arcs would be open? Someone will confirm that.

And welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

by mid-November last year, I think the whole area was open (might even have been the whole of the Espace Killy)

I don't think it was - even if there's a fair heap of snow, they don't open all the lifts until there are enough skiers to pay for lift tickets. wink The Mountainsun idea is a good one, as is Les Deux Alpes. I don't think Les Arcs would be open? Someone will confirm that.

And welcome to Snowheads. snowHead

No the Espace Killy wasn't open then but they do aim to open as much of it as they can on the 1st Dec although it still wasn't 100% open then last season.......
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
I don't think Les Arcs would be open? Someone will confirm that.

The whole Les Arcs domain is opening on the 12th Dec '09, IIRC we concluded on another thread that Arc 1950/2000 is open from the 5th this season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Espace Killy opened on 29th November last year. Not every piste was open, but the majority of the domain was available including every sector except for Les Brevieres IIRC. Prior to that the glacier is the only area which will be open, although I think the resort might open another run or two if conditions allow.

As bertie bassett said, Les Arcs doesn't fully open until a couple of weeks after Espace Killy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy