Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for resort / company, for 1 experienced, 1 novice and a 1yr old !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for a suitable resort and company that can cater for someone reasonably experienced, a complete novice skier (save a few lessons at Xscape) and suitable babysitting service for a 1year old baby ?

Cheers,
Austin7
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Samoens (Grand Massif, France) has an excellent all-day nursery in the village - we've used is twice now (when little'un was 1 and 2), and friends are going back there next season after this year's visit. Lots of companies go there, or it's easy enough to DIY. From the nursery it's a short drive/bus to the gondola up to the beginner ski area and onwards into the Grand Massif. Nearby Morillon and Les Carroz have similar nurseries which are nearer the skiing.

Probably the biggest UK operator for chalet holidays with that age of children is Ski Esprit. They go to lots of places, but La Rosiere is probably the most suitable for you as the beginner slopes are very close to their chalets, whilst there is enough skiing to keep a more experienced skier entertained for a week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
austin7, http://www.skifamille.co.uk/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can vouch for Samoens, but sadly know nothing about the creche/baby sitting facilities although I can make enquires if Samoens is appealing?

ATB
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samoens is certainly a lovely village, though I've only been there in summer. But I imagine there are places where the nursery - or other child-minding facilities, such as a Ski Esprit chalet - is a bit closer to the skiing. It would be a bit of a trek from much of the Grand Massif skiing to get back to spend a bit of time with a child at lunchtime.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hiya

Here's the deatils of the creche in Samoens:

http://www.samoens.com/anglais/DT1202061996/publication/Creche.html/typeid-23

FS Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mark Warner do a baby sitting service I think
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Take grandma - then you can go anywhere. wink If you went to Italy, granny could have a day off to go heli-skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Our first skiing holiday was with Ski Olympic at Les Avals in Courchevel 1650 and I think this is an excellent base for a mixed group. The expert has the whole of the 3-valleys to play with and, for the beginner, there a few pretty gentle slopes straight off the lift directly over the road - or get the bus to 1850 where cruisey greens and blues abound. I think Ski Olympic have a nanny service there but check. The bar can be noisy though so I suggest a room on the top floor.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
austin7, I recommend Snowbizz, www.snowbizz.co.uk . Small, friendly company offering very high level of service. They will cater perfectly for the baby with their own in-house nursery and nannies, and for the novice as they have their own ski school, you could choose reasonably priced private lessons or very small group lessons, also it is a small, confidence-building resort with no walking required! For the expert they offer daily guiding included in the holiday price and the cheap lift pass includes 1 day each in LDA, La Grave, ADH, Serre Chevalier, Montgenevre, Sestriere. We went with them in March and were very impressed, we will go with them again next season. Other snowHead 's have recommended Snowbizz too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have been with both Ski Beat and Le Ski and can heartily recommend both. We do like Le Ski in La Tania as their chalets are closer to the ski school/nursery area (we have a 4 year old). Both operate their own creches with British staff.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd agree with Sarah, Snowbizz get great reviews, I've never stayed with them but I've been to Puy itself and it's a lovely little resort. THere's a bit of a lowdown about it Puy St Vincent here if you want some more info http://bit.ly/gv061
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Special Creche week in catered chalet - San Cassiano, Dolomites? www.mountainsunltd.com/special_offers/view/affordable-childcare
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy