Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I dream, eat and live skiing - how the hell can i be so crap at it?????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
might just take u up on that eh WTFH!!!!!!

Blush

so this year I am off to Levi in Lapland. I have been assured of quiet slopes, decent snow and none too tasking runs.

I am really looking forward to it, its a strange resort to have chosen (if still European, by a hairs breadth) but in a way, I am glad we have taken the plunge to go somewhere offbeat! Last year we went to Tonale, a little mentioned Italian resort, this year i find Tonale becoming more and more popular on other websites too (honest, I only peaked and came STRAIGHT back to base).

Maybe I can start a trend for Levi too! Mind u, if its as good as I hope I'm not telling! Gonna keep it as our little secret.

I fully intend a few private lessons this year, last yr I didnt bother but really feel ready for the next push now. My confidence is better than before and apart from a dodgy knee (which I think is my age......agh its getting to me) I am really up for the challenge of a black, I just want to feel like I am not afraid of the slopes any more!

Fx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fruity,sounds as if you may have the same problem as most of us,yourself!!Add to that peer pressure,hubby/partner pressure(I know all about that as I am one)Limited time on holiday etc etc,and the pressure just mounts up.Add on frustration,feelings of inadequacy etc etc and you might feel a call to the Samaritans is in order.Its all negative stuff and,for as long as you continue to carry this baggage,things will not improve by much.Never fear,help is at hand.You only need to focus on one thing;relax,relax,relax snowHead
Take me for example.90% of the time I ski with the family,which includes an 8yr old.You try relaxing when surrounded by all and sundry,and you've lost sight of your daughter.Not possible.As a consequence my skiing suffers.On every trip I go from reasonable,through crap to I'm gonna take up golf Shocked I get frustrated,irritated and downright moody Embarassed I shout at the wife,so her skiing then goes to pieces(any of this sound familiar?)I frequently end the day completely exhausted;not from skiing but from the pressure around me.
What you,I and many of us need is our own time.We need the freedom to develop our skills,free of outside influence.We need to face our fears,and not be restricted by them.Don't ever think you are on your own in this,we are all with you.99.9% of us carry these little demons with us.Face the demons,get some tuition(pref lady specific)Relax and Enjoy snowHead You are not,and never have been crap!How can you be,you are a snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

awwwwwwwwww thanks Snowskisnow........
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laundryman, you may be able to carve all the way down the black off the Col du Joly down the Belleville side into the Hauteluce Valley, but you must either be a real hot shot skier or have visited in good snow conditions. I have only skied four or five days in Les Contamines but it has mostly been badly worn (gets a lot of sun, that slope) and with some quite tricky moguls - very uneven, not helped by people like me not ski-ing them very well. It's only a short section that presents any difficulty, admittedly. But yes, Les Contamines east-facing long red runs down off the Col du Joly are great, confidence boosting, runs. Maybe fruity should aim at enjoying doing red runs before worrying about blacks? Also, I entirely agree with Helen Beaumont about ski-ing with hubby. I have often seen hubbies who don't actually ski at all well themselves either bullying and harassing both wives and children or ski-ing so far ahead as to be no help at all, no encouragement, no support, no picking up after a fall.

Another suggestion - if hubby is only a skier, put him on a snowboard and give him a taste of what it feels like approaching the top of a chairlift and worrying about decking it at the top, or side slipping for yards, trying to pluck up the courage to put in a turn. In my family, as it happens, I can ski quite well (thanks to all those weeks instruction - all the advice on that is right!) and my husband less so, thanks to some health problems over the years. But I am a beginner snowboarder and, believe me, it does experienced skiers no harm at all to have a taste of falling around on a nursery slope making dicks of themselves. And its soooooo good when you're no longer the worst on the slope. Yesterday was my 58th birthday and also the first time I not only got down a long winding blue slope without falling over but also overtook several French teenagers..... yay!

Yes, forget about colour of piste. An easy blue can be horrible if the snow is thin, the visibility poor and someone nagging at you not to be such a wimp.

How about a different husband..... Razz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fruity, Since WTFH has put in an ad (and Cedric has already given me a plug), try LDA and we'll sort out your confidence problems.

BTW I don't like to plug myself too much, but if the competition is doing it ........ NehNeh
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy