Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski booking - am I too late?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

well I finally decided to book my holiday to Valmorel with Crystal ski. I have priced it about 25 times over so I knew how much it was going to cost.

When I finally came to booking it I noticed that the free kids skis and lift passes had disappeared off the drop down section. now there is only one option of booking premium ski packs.

I have tried contacting crystatl but they have not replied to my email.

I am wondering if I should hold on to book the holiday. Do you think there will be more offers from crystal? or have I missed the boat.

Plan B is to go with second choice Chamrousse.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
polo99, probably worth giving them a call to find out since, even if they have finished with the promotion, it is often possible to negotiate on the deal. When I did the same on a holiday to Canada, I was able to get quite a good discount and a few extras by doing this, and without my asking they even included an internet booking reduction despite the fact I booked it on the telephone.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
polo99, call them and HAGGLE!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
polo99, and probably another ski company will be offering the same appartment/chalet/hotel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Actually, try snowhead nickster - I think he arranges crystal hols. He did a great deal for my son and his group last year.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
polo99, We booked last year in September when they sent more emails with more special offers. We had a good deal booking online - but somehow the system lost our booking - when we phoned them we got an even better deal - new discounts on top of the ones we had tried to book online. I seem to remember the best part of the deal was 2 for 1 lift passes. They were very helpful on the phone.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There dont seem to be a lot of tour operators that go to Valmorel. I liked crystal because we could fly from Newcastle. I might hold out again and hope that they will offer more discounts later in the year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is the total cost? As you may be able to do it DIY for a family it should not be too problematic!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
polo99, there are flights with Easyjet and Jet2 from newcastle to Geneva and Chambery. More options from Leeds Bradford too. What sort of a holiday are you looking for? Self-catering, chalet or hotel?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I did look into it DIY but it worked out more expensive (that was hiring a car from airport - as transfers were just unreal) It was cheaper going with TO because they offered the discounts for the kids on lift pass and ski boots. This is what we required

2 adults 2 children (9&11) 6 March for 1 week going from Newcastle staying at Valmorel in the Hames de tappes including lift passes and ski and boot hire self catering was coming in around £1800. We have also decided to take our 18 year old nephew with us and the price was working out about £2500. (the 18 year old needs ski lessons).

We ideally want to go self catered as the kids and myself are too fussy and we dont particularly fancy a catered chalet, it just sounds awful (in my opinion, it is just not what we want out of a holiday).

I had chosen Valmorel mainly because of its cruisy blues, as we just want to cruise around on nice wide slopes that arent too challenging with the kids. Chamrousse was my second option as it was also good for beginners. We do not need nightlife and want somewhere really close to the slopes or at least has a locker for skis and boots at the foot of the slopes. we do not want to have to get a ski bus to anywhere. I was also considering Les Saisies too. this has thrown everything up in the air.

Just when you think you have made your mind up, something else happens. I wonder if it is fate telling me not to go here?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did look into it DIY but it worked out more expensive (that was hiring a car from airport - as transfers were just unreal) It was cheaper going with TO because they offered the discounts for the kids on lift pass and ski boots. This is what we required

2 adults 2 children (9&11) 6 March for 1 week going from Newcastle staying at Valmorel in the Hames de tappes including lift passes and ski and boot hire self catering was coming in around £1800. We have also decided to take our 18 year old nephew with us and the price was working out about £2500. (the 18 year old needs ski lessons).

We ideally want to go self catered as the kids and myself are too fussy and we dont particularly fancy a catered chalet, it just sounds awful (in my opinion, it is just not what we want out of a holiday).

I had chosen Valmorel mainly because of its cruisy blues, as we just want to cruise around on nice wide slopes that arent too challenging with the kids. Chamrousse was my second option as it was also good for beginners. We do not need nightlife and want somewhere really close to the slopes or at least has a locker for skis and boots at the foot of the slopes. we do not want to have to get a ski bus to anywhere. I was also considering Les Saisies too. this has thrown everything up in the air.

Just when you think you have made your mind up, something else happens. I wonder if it is fate telling me not to go here?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
polo99, you might find that transfer companies are only offering private transfers this far in advance. Nearer the time, shared options will be available, and should be cheaper.
However for 5 of you car hire will still probably be cheapest. Don't forget that a privately booked apartment will be priced per apartment and not per person. Have you had a look at Erna Low? Lots of apartment in lots of resorts. Self-drive, but they will offer an accommodation only price. They usually have offers on lift passes and ski hire too. We used to use them before we bought our own place, and found them really helpful.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy