Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any advice on Fernie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi i am going out to fernie this winter to train to be a ski instructor i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on fernie as a resort. As i will be out there for 11 weeks any advice would be appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
went there this year and had a blast. only for 11 days though so don't know it that well,

i think DaveC did a full season there last year, so he's probably your man, but in the meantime i'll try and help.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks rogg did you find that there was much to do out there in terms of during the day and in the evenings.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i mainly boarded during the day Smile. the other half isn't into snowsports so much, so she schmoosed around town, a couple of really good cafes, a rather disappointing museum, and quite a few 'browsing' shops. she said the thing that made it for her were the people, really chatty and interesting. she also went dog sledding a few times which she now adores.there's quite a lot of activities, natre walks, snowshoeing, snowmobilling, cat skiing, spa days at the mountain lake lodge etc.etc, but they do cost.

we stayed in a catered chalet (at the stanford inn) so were slightly out of town, a five minute taxi or twenty minute stagger. we went out for a few meals/pub trips and there seemed to be a nice relaxed vibe about the whole place,

one thing you really must do is see the local ice hockey team, the ghostriders. a great night.

try fernie.com for more info.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fernie's great - Phototim did a season out there too, I don;t think he was instructing though

Here's my resort report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=21273

and hd's

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=846313
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're expecting Austrian style swilling steins while dancing on the table to crap music you may be disappointed (on the other hand who knows what goes on at the Non-Stop motel wink ) Otherwise its a great friendly little town even if said omnipresent Non-stoppers (I assume you'll be one so won't notice) & Aussies detract somewhat from the authenticity.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chelt881, I presume you have already searched the forum, and seen this thread - which, together with the 2 trip reports highlighted above, pretty much says it all. Nice people. I was there in January a few years ago - and a lot of the time it was wet, but I am told it can be brilliant. There are a few pleasant bars and restaurants in town. No wild apres - at least when I was there, but I enjoyed the ice hockey (a college game) as well. Enjoy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy