Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone used a TO transfer without booking?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Accommodation for boys trip to St Anton booked - tick
Flights booked with First Choice from Edinburgh to Innsnruck (£40 cheaper than with Inghams BTW) - tick
Transfer from Innsbruck to St Anton booked - er no tick

Have only done a couple of package holidays in the last 10 years or so and one thing that always bugs me is the wait at airport for other flights etc, so we tend to travel independently and arrange private transfers which to date have been absolutely excellent.

A few of the boys this year though may be booking a package and will be on same flight as me and one of my mates. One option is to pre-book coach trasnfer with First Choice - typically £60. Train is cheaper but by the time you get taxis to and from airport probably same. www.innsbruck-taxi.com quoting €120 each way which if there are 4 of us then it's a no-brainer. There will probably just be the two of us travelling independently though.

So have you ever just turned up at airport found a TO rep if there's space on the relevant bus and bunged them some dosh?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski,
Quote:

have you ever just turned up at airport found a TO rep if there's space on the relevant bus and bunged them some dosh?
Yes, once, at Geneva with Inghams. Probably as well to have Plan B up your sleeve, just in case...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're going to St Anton dont waste time pfaffing about trying to get there - book your taxi in advance (Recommend Harry's Taxis) and then relax and get ferried up the mountain super quick!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boabski, if you've booked your flight with First Choice (essentially TUI) was there not the option to book the transfer as well? There was a group of people on our flight and transfer buses last season who had booked accommodation independently but paid for the rest through the TO (in this case Crystal, also TUI). Might be worth asking.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We found last year the coaches were much fuller than in previous years - so the bus may head off full from the airport in the general direction of St Anton and then those people for resorts along the way will get dropped off to carry on the rest of their specific journey by minibus/taxi. I think it's one way of the TO trying to cut costs, cutting down the number of coaches required. I think if you're leaving it to chance you may well be unlucky.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski, I've seen it done. Depending on the TO/honesty of rep, you might find you end up paying their stndard rate anyway (i.e. a lot fo TOs have management at the airport to oversee things so the rep may not be willing to accept a bribe!).

As Cathy says, though, the last few times I've used TOs they didn't have any space on the bus (in fact the last time, I think we had -1 spaces Shocked ). If you're not turning up too late and don't mind if you end up hanging around waiting for a space, you'll probably be fine. if you're worried about it then either book with First Choice or maybe look into a bus option?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski, What would the cost be if you got a local bus from the airport to the train station ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i went with a tour operator last time - on a full size bus for 50 (or however many people fit on a full size bus) there were....(drum roll)..... 8 of us, me and the 7 people I booked with Laughing !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why would you book a coach transfer with First Choice, for £60 each when you can have your own taxi for 60 euros? Or is one price single and the other return?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, Innsbruck Airport - Soelden. Just asked a girl with a clipboard about seats going spare and she sent me to their booking desk inside the airport and I was on a bus within 20 minutes, cost me about 20 Euro and no hanging around either as I got off in Soelden while everybody else on the bus was going to Obergurgl (that was pure luck though).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, €120 on way with taxi or £60 return with TO. So if 4 or even 3 we will do taxi without doubt
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy