Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airport transfer help - Geneva to Courcheval

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi to everybody at snowheads, this is my first post here so hopefully the right place. went skiing earlier this year for my first time to Alpe d'Huez and am hooked. Trying to persuade, cajole or bribe my wife into allowing me to go again and have the offer of a week in Courcheval in March as my brother will be there. Anyway to get to the point can anyone help me with suggestions for airport transfer from Geneva to Courcheval.

Thanks in advance for your help.[/code]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads, MattH!

You'll be pleased or distressed to know that you're not the first person to raise this issue on snowHeads. In fact it comes up very regularly. While helpful souls respond, you could try out the search facility - top left of screen 'User Facilities' drop-down menu. Maybe type in 'Geneva transfer', using both keywords.
If you can make that transfer on a Saturday you should be able to use the cheapest option, which is to buy the transfer from a tour operator running a bus to Courchevel - find out the charter flight schedules of the big and medium operators and ring around a bit.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MattH, welcome to snowHeads, your best bet is the airport transfer bus. Go to www.gva.ch and click through to public transportation, all the Franch ski stations are listed and there is a timetable, alternatively go to www.alpski-bus.com for more details. You can take the train, all trains from Geneva airport go to Geneva city centre where you can catch a SNCF train to Moutiers, but it's not the most convenient or direct route.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome. There is also the independent way. Try a-t-s.net
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you haven't already booked your flights try going to chambery and then transfering by bus/train from there its meant to be easier. We usually fly to Lyon and then hire a car from there. The bus runs twice a day I think or you can get to Moutiers on the train or ski train and then catch the bus from there, it depends what level you are going to aswell. Have fun, if you are a beginner only get the courchevel valley pass despite what people say there is plenty to do and its cheaper, you can always get a days extension.

Its a great place enjoy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I second what Georgieg says. As a beginner there is more than plenty to keep you occupied with the Courchevel valley pass alone. Do you know whch Courchevel resort yu would be staying in ?MattH,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another thing, Matt. If you've not bought flights, have a look at the rail options from London. There are several: Eurostar direct to the valley below Courchevel (overnight Fri/Sat or daytime Sat), couchette from Dover/Calais, London-Paris Eurostar and onward couchette.

Ski France and Erna Low are tour operators with excellent knowledge of these services, or Eurostar themselves, or Rail Europe.

By using these services, your transfer costs up to the resort are reduced dramatically - usually to a local public bus.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try these people for good taxi transfers.

http://www.3vt.co.uk/

I used them last year and will again this.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you do stop in moutiers and you like vodka get a bottle of caramel syrup and brew uip some toffee vodka - great in a hip flask to give you a bit of ooomph. You'll find it in all the bars but can't buy it here. Watch out for the Mutzig too, great beer a tad more potent than normal. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the advice and welcomes, does sound a very freindly forum unlike some others i've been to. Have looked at the alpe-ski bus site can anyone advise what the (1) stabds for in the return time slot on the timetable??

BOOthy i will be staying in the lowest resort 1550 i think
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MattH, 1550 is below 1850. As well as the skiing in the 1850 valley above 1550 and get over to the 1650 valley (If you look at a piste map it's on your left. When you get hold of a paper map as opposed to one you see on a website you will see that there is a link to that valley from the 1st or 2nd stage or a 3 stage gondola on the left of the 1850 valley. Take this link as opposed to the chanrosa one higher up which can be dodgy at times for a beginnerish skier.

Anyway, in the 1650 valley awaits blue run after blue run which you will love. Enjoy. There a couple of options to get you back into the 1850 valley which do not involve red runs or worse.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or you can get the ski bus back if you get stuck in 1650. I would head over to 1650 anyway as everyone seems to head from 1650 over to 1850 and beyond. You can go up and down under the signal lift and not see a red there are about 5 or 6 runs to the bottom of the lift. Have a great time spent a season there a couple of years ago and loved it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy