Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A day out with rob@rar/skimottaret at Hemel - Inside Out Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick report on the coaching clinics that 'rob & mot' are holding at Hemel. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53025

Five of us volunteered to be the guinea pigs for this today wink although unfortunately skimottaret had to attend a funeral in the States. But I think Rob coped very well with us Very Happy

A long day - I'm shattered now - but excellent value for money at £69/£79 for the full day. We started at 9.30 and could have skied until 6, I left about 5.40. We started with the warm-up which unfortunately didn't involve hot chocolate Sad but which was very interesting wink

Some balance exercises and then rotation was the word for the day - side-slipping, falling leaves, upper/lower body separation with different pole plants thrown in for good measure - I'm trying to get rid of my stabbing habit! I'm sure I've missed things out that we did but I expect others can fill in the gaps. Very good, thorough individual video feedback. Probably the best video feedback I've had - the feedback that is, not my skiing! But I think there was a good improvement in all of us, I know what some of my faults are and how I can work on improving.

We did have the weather close in on us for part of the day - we were up in the clouds and could barely see the bottom of the slope snowHead I'm not sure snowforecast.com had the report right for Hemel Toofy Grin There was also a rather disturbing patch of yellow snow by the side of the piste that we're not sure how it got there Confused

Many thanks Rob - I'm afraid I'll be back Toofy Grin

And good to meet the others in the group - snobunni, sorry, I missed you to say goodbye. Byyeeeeee Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 28-11-11 16:47; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, sounds like an excellent day. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied like a god Toofy Grin , unfortunately Rob only managed to video the mere mortal bits Shocked
Good day, good company, thanks Rob I will consider your advice to take up a different hobby wink
The snowstorm was a bit of a shock, and I think the yellow snow was due to panic in the whiteout.
In those immortal words 'I'll be back!' Paul
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, anarchicsaltire, OK, you've got me really worried about Wednesday now! Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My bum hurts this morning!

pam w, yes it was - a really excellent day snowHead

anarchicsaltire, Laughing Laughing

Iski, no need to be worried at all. You will get very individual feedback and it's lots of fun. Especially the warm-up wink

Oh - and we did, not quite braquage (sp??) but working towards it Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know what these mad people are talking about. We didn't do any skiing - we just spent the day doing our specially developed ULDs* and enjoying the fresh snow that was falling.

Unsynchronized Lunging Drill™ Wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 28-07-09 8:53; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cathy,
Quote:

braquage

Isn't that some kind of South American martial art Toofy Grin, my legs certainly feel like the've had a good kicking this morning Very Happy
It was a very good day though Iski .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing Laughing we're coming to get you! Such a shame you didn't get me in that clip wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cathy wrote:
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing Laughing we're coming to get you! Such a shame you didn't get me in that clip wink Toofy Grin

Luckily I don't seem to be in it either wink

Thanks for a very enjoyable day Rob @ the rest of the crew - good fun, good drills and definite benefit all round!!

Cheers

BB
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nope, don't recognise any of those, rob@rar must be having one of his 'funny' turns.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 28-07-09 10:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
I don't know what these mad people are talking about. We didn't do any skiing - we just spent the day doing our specially developed ULDs* and enjoying the fresh snow that was falling.

OMG Shocked It's a miracle that any of these poor subjects can even walk given their clearly drug addled state wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

http://youtube.com/v/9ZlBUglE6Hc
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:

Rob, it is nice to see that your adaptive skiing programme is going so well. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
*cough*
Click me Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OMG! Now what was that prior engagement for Sunday, again?! Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
OMG! Now what was that prior engagement for Sunday, again?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hurtle I think I need to wash my hair tomorrow Shocked Laughing
latest report
Hurtle, Linds, don't worry. The lunges are just the modern version of stretching.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Hurtle, Linds, don't worry. The lunges are just the modern version of stretching.

And then there's the 'practice the stance width warm-up exercise.....' - now Rob let's see if you can video Wednesday's group on that one wink
snow report
Laughing

bertie bassett, oh yes! And then how about the 'backwards slalom warm up' videoed from the Sunday group wink
snow report
bertie bassett, cathy, Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
cathy, bertie bassett, I realise it was skills focused rather than style but I still don't see the point of the paired back to back arms linked falling leaf side slipping wink It's a shame Rob's camera must have frozen in the whiteout so he could not record the more interesting sets for all to see. Very Happy
snow conditions
Masque,
Quote:

OMG It's a miracle that any of these poor subjects can even walk given their clearly drug addled state

That could explain a lot, they kept pumping a white powder in to the atmosphere!
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire wrote:
cathy, bertie bassett, I realise it was skills focused rather than style but I still don't see the point of the paired back to back arms linked falling leaf side slipping wink It's a shame Rob's camera must have frozen in the whiteout so he could not record the more interesting sets for all to see. Very Happy

and as for the skiing down the hill without bothering to do your boots up first....
ski holidays
bertie bassett,
Quote:

and as for the skiing down the hill without bothering to do your boots up first....

BB I don't think you should blame Rob for you forgetting to check your kit before you started. The rest will have enougth to worry about without having to think that they would have to ski that way several times on purpose, shame on you BB rolling eyes
snow report
cathy, anarchicsaltire, bertie bassett, you are all Very Bad People. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Hurtle, flattery will get you nowhere with us snowHead
latest report
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

BTW, apparently all those idiots in that clip had agreed it could be posted here rolling eyes
snow report
Quote:

* Unsynchronized Lunging Drill™

I guess being naturally a bit on the double-jointed side would not be considered a valid get-out clause, would it?!? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm sure Ross will be heartened to see his pearls of wisdom being disseminated so faithfully Wink .
snow report
My calves and buttocks are still quivering.

If anyone was umming and ahing about doing one of these, stop it. An outstanding day of training in my opinion, and quite honestly - underpriced.

Improvement for all was palpable, definitely. I've had quite a lot of ski coaching here and there ranging from the dire (e.g. grumpy French pensioner barking 'follow me' for an hour) to the decent, and this was at the top. #1.

Protip: if driving to Hemel from Brighton to arrive at 9:15, don't leave at 5:45. It will take precisely 1h25m and you'll sit in the car park with nothing to do but listen to Terry Wogan. For about two hours.

I think that lunging video looks like some kind of wintry post-apocalyptic zombie movie, with us all trying to get to Rob, to eat him. I might redo the audio on it to have moaning and shotgun noises.

Nice to meet you all.
snow conditions
paulio wrote:
My buttocks are still quivering.

Ah yes - you had rob's 'special' treatment wink
ski holidays
Quote:

wintry post-apocalyptic zombie movie

Thriller on Ice NehNeh

Rob Kirsty's home videos pays good money for this kind of material wink

Glad to hear all enjoyed it. Sounds like a great day looking forward to doing a day on August 31 to tidy up my turns on the intro to race training session Shocked
I expect the video footage won't be graceful.
snow report
I am so not fit Sad - my hobbling's been getting progressively worse during the day, I'm like an old(er) woman now! Inner thighs and bum - youch! I'll have to get back into the gym again soon....
latest report
cathy, you wait. It'll be worse tomorrow. Laughing
snow conditions
pam w,
Quote:

cathy, you wait. It'll be worse tomorrow.

Cathy's pain or tomorrows lesson? Toofy Grin
latest report
anarchicsaltire, You're very wicked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Iski, Don't worry, you will be one of 'us' after tomorrow Madeye-Smiley .

I don't know what hurts more, my calves or my groin, sorry cathy, paulio it was difficult to see who was who in the snowstorm. Good news - my bum is ok, well so people tell me Very Happy .
ski holidays
cathy wrote:
I am so not fit Sad - my hobbling's been getting progressively worse during the day, I'm like an old(er) woman now! Inner thighs and bum - youch! I'll have to get back into the gym again soon....

Ditto.

Also, significant groin chafing.

TMI?
latest report
paulio, At this rate we may need to change the heading of this thread Laughing rolling eyes wink Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I wonder if they will have to contend with the pink exocet on Wednesday? Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy