Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med -Tignes Val Claret January 10th 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to Tignes with Club Med skiing on 10/01/10 and would really like to hear from anyone who is going on the same holiday. Look forward to hearing from you.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead s. Sorry if my answer may sound rude, it is not meant to be but try a French snow forum!

Club Med is much more popular with the French, or even the Israeli market as it is much cheaper to go from Tel Aviv than for us in Ireland! You could always ask if they could pass on your name to others that are going the same week and same destination.

Have fun Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ethy, welcome to Snowheads. You could try skipass.com snowHead
I have seen posts from Snowheads who have been to Club Med, but they are few and far between. It's a very French approach! Brits tend to find it a bit odd, but then we invented the catered chalet!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ethy, Sorry to say I won't be going. I've been to Club Med in Val D'Isere several times. Enjoyed it immensely each time. The was always a mix of nationalities including French, Israeli, German, Austrian, American and just about any country you care to think about so I think Roy Hockley's, post is, not completely accurate! The ski guiding was excellent each time. Food was good, buffet style. The entertainment can safely be ignored; easy to do, they leave you alone if you don't want to join in.
The downside is that the rooms are small (very small)!
The only thing that stops me going there now is the fact that they don't do children in Val D'
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would be suprised if there were an equal number of Brits to the Germans, or any other nationality come to think of it! Steilhang, Nothing at all wrong with that but the OP was looking for others going the same week! I agree the guiding is good and so is the all inclusive approach but doubt there will be many Brits/Paddies there!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roy Hockley,
Quote:
but doubt there will be many Brits/Paddies there
That doesn't match with my experience, although it is true that I don't remember meeting many Irish there. Whatever, Club Med is worth a try in my opinion.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ethy,

For some reason mainy people on this site have a downer on ClubMed (not all of them though).

The one in Tignes is the first one I went to. 2 other sets of Brits (no paddies), Dutch and Israelis plus the French were there. Rooms are very decently sized (obviously unlike the one in Val D). Food fantastic (lobster one night - a mile up in the mountains!), hotel sited right on the piste. Pool OK not the biggest. Concur with the comment above about the entertainment - take it or leave it they won't force it on you.

Probably the only downer was - French Ski school was French ski school. Myself and another brit lady got ourselves moved down a group as the instructor was too kamikaze for us. Brit bloke stayed with the group - broke his leg on the last day Shocked Next instructor was much better but we didn't learn much as he didn't speek much english. Fine for guiding though.

Already booked the one in Cervinia for March next year. Meribel and Peissey-Vallandry in previous years - so I obviously like them. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Skitrack
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skitrack, I hope you did not think I had a downer on clubmed! I think the priniple is fantastic, just that the clientelle tends not to include too many anglophiles! The OP had asked if any of us were heading over on a certain week. I personally dont mind the other nationalities, I can a little speak deutsch, frankish and hebrew but alas Dutch has me stumped!

If the food were not good I dont think the French would use them. Guiding, ski hire, instruction great.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley,

Well the post did read a little oddly and there certainly are people on here that have a downer on them.

I was also trying to re-assure ethy that he hadn't booked into a foreign speaking dump as I have been to that particular ClubMed

Skitrack
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skitrack, Mark Warner I think base themselves on that all inclusive package and can be a great holiday. From Ireland Clubmed are expensive but possibly cheaper from the UK!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy