Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Show, October

Poster: A snowHead
Contemplating going to this but just wondering if it's worth it?

Never been before and as I'm about to head over to Austria for a second season there's a few bits I'm wanting to get (eg helmet, new soft shell) and just wondering if there's any bargains to be had? Also new to boarding so looking at getting board/boots/bindings (will probably get that in resort) so might be useful to see what's available. Has anybody been, and would you recommend it?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went last year, only for the fact my other sport im involved in is diving. And last year they had the dive show and ski show together at the NEC, and as i had not been to the dive show for about 5yrs i decided to go as the you could buy a ticket that enabled acsess to both shows.

Honestly, i would not go there for the ski show alone. That being said i would not bother with the dive show alone either, but as it was all under one roof last year i thought why not it's a day out. Am i going this yr?????? nope ill leave it another 5yrs i think Very Happy

DJ
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sitter, Which ski show are you referring to?

21st - 25th Oct - Olympia (Metro Ski and SB)
30th Oct - 1st Nov - NEC (British Ski and Snowboard Show)

Went to both last year. Plenty of tatt for sale at either, with the odd bargain hidden away. The NEC setup is certainly smaller and so was the associated attendance. We attended Saturday at both events, by mid afternoon in Olympia it was heaving, wall to wall people. We'll be going to Olympia on the Friday this year. Maybe get the jump on the weekend bargain hunters?

The kids enjoyed the Metro for the ice rink and huskies and the NEC for meeting the Swiss freestyle skiers and, of course, the Snowheads!

Enjoy your 2010 season in Austria!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
you will tend to find more bargains at the NEC show than the london show, london tends to be full of the bigger shops showing off new season kit, there are some smaller retailers there, but probably more at the NEC, keep an eye out for deals on tickets for NEC also, last year it was £5 on friday
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, You planning to be at the NEC again this year?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I plan to be attending NEC this season. It would be good to connect with some people.

Premium Experiences™
http://www.premiumexperiences.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BMF_Skier, not been told yet...if they want me to do the talks again then i will be there, otherwise it is a tough call to get out the office for 4 days
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Either really, but more likely the London one as part of a few days away as a mini-break. Will go on a weekday as I guess it's quieter and easier for me in terms of time off work.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sitter wrote:
Either really, but more likely the London one as part of a few days away as a mini-break. Will go on a weekday as I guess it's quieter and easier for me in terms of time off work.

I really wouldn't build a mini break around the ski show "experience" and certainly not any holiday time, its a passable diversion for a couple of hours but not really anything more.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, still, a good excuse to head into London and spend a couple of days doing other things too. snowHead If you go in early enough during the day you can be done at the ski show and be ready for a performance in the evening. Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skisimon, alternatively come to the snowHeads Ski Club at Hemel on 10th October. Lots of skis to test and plenty of performances in the evening Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar,
Quote:

plenty of performances in the evening

Puzzled Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was invited, if I'm not in work and it's not restricting my free time then and the inviter is going, I will.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For me the ski show signifys the start of winter and they give out stickers for free everywhere. Whats not to like
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm with Frosty, as long as can get cheapish tickets, it marks the start of a big countdown, some good little freebies, for the kids naturally (just go and ask the lady nicely for one of those bags will you please Embarassed ). Quite like the resort info, dislike when it gets really busy though.
snow conditions
Free stickers will do me nicely Very Happy

Should be able to get student price for it too, and would go midweek as it's easier to negotiate days swaps at work midweek than weekends. I'm getting excited enough about the upcoming season (can't come quick enough)!
snow conditions
pity the freeze isn't on, on the same weekend as the metro show, not really worth the trip to london if you're not from london.. and never understood the people that go there and buy boots from EB or SR stands.. though free toffee vodka, jagermiester and bushmills if you're not driving is great
snow conditions
The free alcohol makes it sound even better thank stickers Very Happy
I wouldn't be driving, cheaper and easier getting the train, especially as I'd be partaking in a drink or two catching up with mates that live down that way.
snow conditions
rob@rar, quite. I did the show a couple of years ago, and whilst interesting enough, were I to head over towards London it would be for the HH meet. Just not sure whether I can justify it at the moment (despite the new job). Sad Fingers crossed though.
ski holidays
I believe as a member of a ski club you get a free vip ticket to the NEC one. I might well pop by if I am around midweek, but won't brave the weekend.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy