Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snoworks "All Terrain" Course

Poster: A snowHead
I know a fair few have been on courses with Snoworks, and I've read their blurb on their website, but for those who've been on an "All Terrain" course could I ask a quick question.

How much of the 15 hours is spent on piste compared to bumps, steeps or just off piste?

Cheers

Marc
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've done a few of these and it depends entirely on the group and on snow conditions. It's impossible to say for certain. If it's a good (or adventurous) group and the snow is plentiful the week could be spent entirely off-piste, but if the group need more work on the fundamentals and/or the snow is poor it could be much more piste-based. I think Phil and his colleagues would typically like to try a bit of everything, but it depends on many factors.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, is the instruction just half a day?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
rob@rar, is the instruction just half a day?

I think it is on most of their courses, the exception being the Backcountry course.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm doing their AT Performance course at Tignes in November, I think that's all day (whilst lifts are open) instruction. This'll be my first time with them and I'm looking forward to it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, there are a few more full day course now, mostly out of the main season. It says which are all day and which are half day on the planner here: http://www.snoworks.co.uk/i-skiing/i_skiing_planner.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc, as rob@rar said it will depend on the conditions . . . We did some off-piste, but no bump work, but we were early season. When and where are you thinking of going ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Careful - you'll get the LDA police along soon wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cathy, Naughty, Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cathy, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc,
Not going to put his e mail address on here (spam critters will eat it)
But if you phone em and ask for Phill's mail address, you can ask any questions direct to the boss.
Unlike some Co's you will get a reply direct from the person who runs the company.
I have been on lots of courses with Phil, Lee and Emma and they are always really good fun.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, this is true Very Happy I rang and spoke to Phil in person before we booked as we weren't sure what level we were . . . nice guy . . . and more than willing to advise.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all, I had a chat with them and they said much the same.

If it's good snow you spend most of your time in it. If it's variable you'll be on bumps/steeps; in other words thay work to the group and the conditions rather than to a prior plan.

The all terrain course is only half day - but I'm sort of stuck on a particular week (16th to 23rd Jan) so it's all terrain or piste performance only.

Mmmmm. Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc wrote:
so it's all terrain or piste performance only.Mmmmm. Confused

From my experience of Snoworks you will find that you get a bit of both, but with the training geared one way or the other, depending on which course you're. Phil is a great one for learning to "ski" rather than just learning a specific section of the sport – you will ski the whole mountain.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mosha Marc, I've done all day courses before and half day ones and I like the half day ones I think more, because it gives you chance to go off and have a free ski/pootle about and put into practice different things that you've been talking about during your course. Also means you can catch up and ski with friends who might be in a different group but on the same session (morning or afternoon) as you which is often the case with me because there are quite a few of us who are different levels and things but who are there the same week.

Anyway if you go have a nice time. Very Happy
latest report
Thanks, again, all of you.

I've booked in for the course on the strength of your feedback, so I'll blame you'se guys if it's rubbish wink

Woot!
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, it's good to try other companies anyway to see how they compare. Have a great time, I'm sure you will do.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, fantastic ! . . . is that the 3 V's you're off to ? Cool
snow report
IncogSkiSno, oh yes. Staying with some lass called Tania.

Are you going too?
snow report
Mosha Marc, just had a look and that week for chalet board is quite reasonable isn't it even though you have to sort your own flight out and pay for the transfer on top. Flights shouldn't be too expensive that week since it's low season.

Hope you have a nice time with Tania. Very Happy
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing

I wish Sad I went to Tignes with Snowoks, but I have skied the 3V's and it is brilliant and funnily enough we often saw Phil and the gang about and bumped into Emma and the tribe in the Pizzeria , you'll have a fab time, and also I take it free wine in the Chalet Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, IncogSkiSno, oh yes free wine and (I thought) a very reasonable chalet job too.

Flights are currently 0.49p out and £5.59 return. snowHead

Add in taxes and bagage and this comes to £130 Evil or Very Mad rolling eyes

Not too sure about transfers from Chambrey though, we have to be back at the airport by 0900 for the return. The other option is to fly to Geneva (£50 extra flight & extra hour transfer) and muck in with the Snoworks transfer they lay on at £90 return, but I thought that was a bit steep. Confused
snow report
Mosha Marc, £130 isn't so bad really is it? Ignore the headline price, it's a marketing price.
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, IncogSkiSno, oh yes free wine and (I thought) a very reasonable chalet job too.

Flights are currently 0.49p out and £5.59 return. snowHead

Add in taxes and bagage and this comes to £130 Evil or Very Mad rolling eyes

Not too sure about transfers from Chambrey though, we have to be back at the airport by 0900 for the return. The other option is to fly to Geneva (£50 extra flight & extra hour transfer) and muck in with the Snoworks transfer they lay on at £90 return, but I thought that was a bit steep. Confused

Flight details please Marc!!!!
snow conditions
I didn't think £130 return for flights was that bad either? Confused
snow report
VolklAttivaS5,
Quote:

it's good to try other companies anyway to see how they compare

Can you suggest a similar company to Snoworks. I'm hoping to be in France for January (Chamonix and Serre Chevalier with friends) but would like to spend one week away from them doing a course.
snow conditions
rich.ll, BASS Chamonix run a 6-day backcountry course which might be suitable?
ski holidays
I've been on many a Snoworks course in Tignes.....and always had a fabulous time regardles of conditions. I've done Race, Bumps and quite a few ATs.......all of which have been great fun and challenging to say the least! The more you put in the more you get out. Their leveling system is pretty good and it's helped my skiing no end.

Have a fab time. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andytb, VolklAttivaS5, I agree that £130 is cheap, but I must admit getting a little giddy when I saw the headline price.

kitenski, Jet2 Manchester/Chambrey out 16th Jan, return 23rd. (IIRC)
snow report
cathy, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy