Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski kindergarten St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any experince in this our daughter will be 3.5 at the time, iv looked at the arlberg ski school but there is nothing that really suits us, as from age 3-4 is only 2hrs a day, we were looking for something from about 9:30-3:00 but not ski school so to speak more like playfull learning with just a couple of hrs with ski's on and rest building snowmen and just genrally having fun Very Happy. Arlberg do however have a creche but clearly states no ski's.
Stuben could also be a possibility for us, now on their website for kids they have a class called "playfull learning" with times from 9:45-3:30 which sounds good for her and us but they dont state what age group this is, does anyone out there know what it is???? I have e-mailed them but not sure i will get a response this time of year......
This is a diy trip so cant go through the tour op route.
Many thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
romeowner, Oooh taking a 3.5 year old to St Anton....mmmmm
I've not taken my kids to St Anton, although we have all skied to it (to get my Mooserwirt hit) when staying in Oberlech (last year) and Stuben (this year). If you could stretch the budget then Oberlech is heaven but Stuben is almost as good and half the price of Oberlech and cheaper than St Anton. My kids were 5 8 and 11 when we stayed at Stuben this year with only the 5 year old going to ski school. He really liked the ski school and the numbers were very low, since the vast majority of people will either be staying in St Anton or Lech/Zurs. Also people staying in Stuben tend to be off piste junkies as the snow record there is awesome. I've done a report on Stuben earlier this year which you can look at. I though the staff were all very friendly and geared towards kids having fun.
I really thought Stuben is a great family base with absolutely fantastic doorstep skiing. It is queit though with absolutely nothing to do. We stayed at the Hubertushof and found it excellent. My sister went with her family to the Mondschein and again they thought excellent too. Both have pools.
If you were considering Oberlech the creche is free to those staying in any of the Oberlech hotels. The Sport Hotel Cresta is in a great location. We have stayed at the Montana a couple of times and again in a great location but will set you back a few bob. Also look at the Hotel Ilga/Igla which again is in a great location in Oberlech.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boabski, Cheers once again for the quick reply, so Stuben is looking good for us as we dont need much to do in the evenings as the little one is usually sleeping by 7 and we are going with another couple of families so we got company, the St Anton area looks easy enough to ski/board to and from on the piste map is this so???
So i got flights sorted seems to be plenty of accomm at reasonable prices all i need to know now is will they accept our daughter into the "playfull learning" at 3.5 yrs before i book a room................anyone??????
Ps winter is a coming Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
romeowner, Pretty sure from 3.5 they will muck about with them on snow and from memory there looked as if there was a playroom in the office but we never needed to go to office. You pay €12 to have them given lunch too so you can leave them at 9.30 and pick up at 3.30. The Hubertushof did offer a nanny service but we never needed. Even if you phone the Hubertushof they are really helpful and as usual speak excellent English - they would be able to tell you about the ski school too - it's a small village. Stuben lies at the far end of the St Anton part of the Arlberg circuit so yes dead easy to ski to St Anton. Short bus (10 mins/15 mins) to Zurs/Lech to ski that part of the circuit. Hotel Post is biggest hotel and in great location but no pool - Hubertushof and Mondschein both do - Mondschein comes highly rated for food - 1 Michelin Star type level. Hubertushof offer a free minibus to take you to lift, or you can ski a short off piste section to get to lifts - the bus was very frequent and even if not there when finished a quick call and it's there in 2/3 mins.
Having been to the Arlberg around 7 times now (4/5 St Anton with boys, 2 Oberlech and this year to Stuben) I thought Stuben was a great base and better value than its neighbours. Although only a few runs about Stuben I loved the runs and the snow record is much better than St Anton. Langen train station only 5 mins away too if getting train from Innsbruck. Otherwise cheaper getting taxi through www.innsruck-taxi.com rather than local ones.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski, Cheers once again wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
romeowner, Cam across this lot when I was looking for stuff myself. The place they have in Stuben is right on the nursery slope www.chatel.nl Cheap too
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski, found some cheaper than that we going to go either b&b or self catering as we dont like to be tied to a certain time and place, appartments from 87 euro per night and b&bs from 45 euro per person per night and child goes free Very Happy look ok too just awaiting replies.......
Had a good price from a nice B&b within spitting distance of the Nasserien Bhan @ 784euro for the 3 of us in a triple room, but the kindergarten looks better in Stuben so im leaning towards there.........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
romeowner, If you're doing the s/c thing then there's not too much choice in Stuben although Berghaus Stuben is one of my fave haunts for lunch. Only a really small shop in Stuben that sells food - supermarkets would be in St Anton or Lech. There were really smart appartments just along from the Hubertushof - sorry cant remember name but very modern and great views over valley http://www.stuben.com/shared/plan/deutsch/flash-w.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy