Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Delta La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Thought I'd spotted a bargain here for early next season but then found thread on here from a few years ago warning against this chalet / Ski Fidelity. Does anyone know if this chalet is still run by the same company or if it has changed hands / improved since?

thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,
I have been looking at the same holiday and my buddy and i are going to book it this week, what was the problem with it
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

This is the link I found: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=12056 However, it is from several years ago, so the chalet could well now be being run by a different and perfectly good company. But it sounds as if it's worth checking... I also found two Chalet Delta listings, which appear to be different chalets, which struck me as a bit odd. Will let you know if I get to the bottom of it!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to be careful with La Tania chalets - there are some which are very good quality both catered and self catered. Others catered and self catered are appalling.

The old very tatty chalets are managed by Eurogroup - now Madame Vacances - maintenance and cleaning etc are scrimped and chaotic. Some Tour Operators book these for the season as they are cheap and they get an associated company to do the catering. All possible corners are cut in the persuit of profit. These companies are the big ABTA companies in the main.

There are top quality self catered and catered chalets, but these are privately sourced by small companies. As they are not providing travel and therefore not a "package holiday" ABTA is not appropriate.

Pay by credit card or take out travel insurance with the AA (this now includes financial failure guarantees as standard)

Needless to say chalet Delta is one of the chalets run by Eurogroup. It is split into two - Delta BAS (low) and Delta Haut (high). There is a sliding door in the lounge so they can be run/sold as one
Be warned
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowycat, I suggest if you're going to make statements such as those above that you edit your post to make it clear that those are your personal opinions, not accepted fact (until you've successfully defended them in the libel courts of course).

Maybe you should state whether you have any personal interest in the Alpine property scene?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
St Maurice of Borg, I have not stayed in a chalet in La Tania, but numerous others. I can concur with snowycat, though that some of the worst places I have stayed in were with the larger type operations. Had two great chalet experiences last year with one independant operator and another mid sized operation. Were fantastic and would love to go back, but this year it looks like Austria for us!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy