Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bode Miller amazes crowds at World Champs - for the wrong reasons

Poster: A snowHead
Bode Miller stunned spectators and TV viewers of today's combined downhill at Bormio with an audacious display of unconventional skiing that [only read on if you want to know the result and see some great photos!] ...

... involved skiing most of the course on one ski. This has happened in top competitive skiing before, but maybe not over this distance, especially at the World Ski Championships! This report from
Slam! Sports.

Further reports on today's upsets and outcomes from Ski Racing ... Reuters.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
unbelieveable - i hope we get to see the entire episode on ski sunday / channel 4 (still can't quite figure out how they have decided to split out the skiing coverage on TV at the mo')

bode miller - what a legend!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
87kph on one ski! And he said he decided to stop because he was getting a bit tired! Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just saw it. The man is a God! He is doing alpine skiing a power of good with his talent and his attitude. Just hope he didn't tire himself too much for later events.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just saw it as well - the commentator siad he went through the speed gun at 50MPH !!

I think that Ski Sunday / BBC must have the rights to the World Ski Championships.
I think the next C4 Sunday coverage is on the 20th of Feb.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
One of the Japanese commentators was quite alarmed about him doing some ligament damage......his co-commentator, a former racer, said 'No problem, we often had to ski the course on one leg as part of our training!' snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still, perhaps not that sort of distance, at speed! It's true that a regular exercise at race clubs involves leaving first one, then the other ski at the top of a slope, and carving clean GS turns down.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done this quite a bit - I hasten to add no more than about 200 yds at a time and I would guess about 15-20 mph, and very wobbly. I think the most instructive thing to bring to two-legged skiing is that it's impossible to do anything on one ski without the fore/aft balance being spot on.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I saw it late last night - unbelievable that he could pretty much stick to the racing line on one ski and go through the speed gun at over 50mph - and he looked so cool and relaxed. Great, entertaining stuff.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i HAVE to meet this man! hE IS GOD
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ooh I Sky+'d it while i was away and am looking forward to watching it tonight. Bode Miller is definitely GOD!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbabe and Inga, Yup , Bode Miller is God ... although I do still have a soft spot for the original God, Tomba !! And there they were, Miller and Tomba chatting away at the bottom of the downhill on Ski Sunday yesterday ... what more could you ask for (well ok, it would have been better to be in the middle of those two instead of watching from home Very Happy )
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
see high res pic.... Can't think what you girls see in him, call that a beard?!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 7-02-05 14:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's bumfluff wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
we love finlay!
latest report
He can't even put a ski on properly. Puzzled
ski holidays
Well, I'm not one to say I told you so, but you heard it hear first.
snow conditions
skanky, maybe I could get a job as Bode's Ski-Putter-On ??
Now that would be something to look forward to each morning !!!
latest report
Sonya, sounds like a bit of a bind, to me.
ski holidays
Inge
Quote:

i HAVE to meet this man! hE IS GOD

He is quite a regular in St Anton & you can often see him in the Funky Chicken.
ski holidays
Any one seen a single 210 cm Atomic ski for sale on eBay?
snow report
Amazing to think that losing a ski, then completing much of the course, could bring in an extra million dollars or two in new sponsorship! Still vastly underpaid in the American sports star income tables though, despite being probably the best remunerated alpine ski racer on the circuit. Most others, even in the top 100 and regularly competing in the World Cup, struggle financially. I know some who've raced in World Cup downhill and GS events this year who apart from the ski equipment, have no sponsors at all.

Article from Bloomberg today on the Miller phenomenon, reported on snowRacers...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy