Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA going down the pan...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Discovered yesterday that the BA flights for a pre-xmas jaunt have been cancelled: out return BA flights on Xmas-eve cancelled and re-scheduled for boxing-day, so good ol' Easy-Jet to the rescue and a panic re-booking last night for 2 family groups (9 people in all!)

Have now discovered that in a separate cancellation, the same has happened to the outward flights - rescheduled from 16th to 18th Dec spoo

Apparently the word is out in the travel industry to tread cautiously if booking BA, as they may not be around much longer to fly you anywhere.... Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As often happens, The Piste is being used to discuss dodgy airlines. Hey ho.

Anyway, BA is indeed in the pooh. Latest is that is being bailed out by its own pension fund. Yup. That's the fund that just gave its manager a £200,000 pay rise, so I guess that's all right.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd best find somewhere to go to use my 30K miles quickly then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

As often happens, The Piste is being used to discuss dodgy airlines. Hey ho

Shame - there's no "dodgy airlines" thread Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll continue to fly with BA and the usual caution will apply, pay with the credit card and you are pretty well protected.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geoffers wrote:
Quote:

As often happens, The Piste is being used to discuss dodgy airlines. Hey ho

Shame - there's no "dodgy airlines" thread Toofy Grin

Always happy to help - there is an Apres section for non sking/boarding stuff.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

pay with the credit card and you are pretty well protected.

but if they change your flights - from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day for example, and that completely messes up the accommodation arrangements you've made, what then?

The credit card payment would cover you if the airline goes bust (and it obviously makes sense to make all such bookings with a credit card) but not for just being beggared around?

So the message is - only book with BA if you're OK with significant changes to your flights - or even being bumped on the day - like at least one Snowhead last season.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, yeh you are right. I can't argue with that.

I don't believe BA will be allowed to go out of business though, the risk of booking with them is acceptable to me but to others with less flexible plans I understand why it may not be a viable option.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
arv wrote:
......I don't believe BA will be allowed to go out of business.....

Why not? Swissair went bust - and I had thought that would not be allowed to happen.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They made one big loss, prior to the financial crisis they were actually doing quite well and posting good results. I bet if they are in trouble someone will pony up the cash and invest to keep them going because if they weather the storm then there is a pretty good chance they will be successful again.

Just my passing thoughts on the issue.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BA? LA would be a more appropriate name. I would suggest HA, but they do have a few flights out of Gatwick.

BA are my choice if they have a direct flight from Heathrow and BHX doesn't. If not, I prefer to go from BHX and transit in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Zurich, or even Paris(!).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arv wrote:
They made one big loss, prior to the financial crisis they were actually doing quite well and posting good results. ......

Hmmm.

Quote:
BA said yesterday that it had lost about £100 million in the three months to the end of June and has warned that it is in a fight for survival. It lost £401 million last year.

I guess they just may pull through if business travel picks up - but it will be a close-run thing.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BA is to big & will go DOWN.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
BA is to big & will go DOWN.

I hope not, i have already booked my flights for my trip in december. Skullie
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton, BA is to big!? That's a bit rich... For the size of its base country KLM has to be the most oversized airline in the world! Probably why Air France had to bail it out of the doo-doo... Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy