Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow report Winter 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
snowing lightly in schladming this morning. Some heavier snow forecast for friday afternoon / evening.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skied in Saalbach today, Zwölferkogl 4cm new snow, got first tracks on the black 15, really great til about 11ish, snow turned wet and heavy. Some of the red runs down into the valley are closed, lots of the southern facing runs are looking sparse. The weather is supposed to get warmer, up to double figures at the week end,on 1000m. The runs higher up were pretty decent.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi anyone no what the conditions are like in niederau flying out on sat and getting very about this warm weather Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
debski,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46151&highlight=niederau
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grey, wet and murky this morning. Light rain in town (schladming) looks like snow from around 1200m at the moment. Forecast for a storm setting in this afternoon and a drop in temps and snow down to valley, fingers crossed. Staying cool tomorrow then a fohn, so warm, on sunday. After that the forecast are all over the shop, but looking at the "best" one could be a fair bit of snow next week. The avi risk are generally down to 2 now, even 1 in southern styria, so the warm weather has been useful. This piste are still holding up very well here.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowline coming down, big wet flakes in town now, coming down quite hard. Looks like temp has dropped a degree or two.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, some good news that! Looked at the Gastein cams today and there's big flakes up top and now in the town too. I'll be out there in 8 days (i'm not counting honest!).

Cheers
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DAB, off to the Saalbach area on the 8th - hope they get a dump or too before hand, it doesn't sound great at the moment.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gruss Gott from sunny Kitzbuhel. Beautiful day, pistes hard under a covering of sugar, but enjoyable to ski on. Piste-side off piste very nice in places; in one place it was so nice I decided to have a little sit down in it, right under a chairlift. It's not too crowded.
Watched the rugby in the Irish pub last evening, bit like being in a pub on a council estate in Feltham, but I'll be back for the England/Ireland clash.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skied St Johann im Pongau and Wagrain today after picking friends up at the airport. We only skied the afternoon. Base is holding up well and it looked like they had had some wet heavy snow in the previous 24 hours as the trees were covered. Home run pistes are holding up due to the excellent base, but slushy on top.

Pistes were in excellent condition and well maintained. Going back tomorrow for the whole day and going up to Kleinarl and Flachauwinkel and over to Zauchensee. Temperatures are going to be high again tomorrow due to the Föhn but it will be a bluebird day - weather forecast said "Kaiserwetter".

Pistes relatively quiet as the Dutch holidays have ended, the last hard-liners are on their way home having skied all day now. Loads of them driving like idiots on the A10 and A8, I was glad to be able to come off the A8 at my junction. Toofy Grin Left them terrorising each other instead!

Forecast is for it to cool down again all week and they are optimistically forecasting some big snow dumps as of the end of the week! We'll see rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scored some fresh snow at Schladming this morning, was worth getting the early lift up.

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, Scottland, lousy conditions - hardly worth coming. Here a photo to show how horrible it was today - the view from the Edelweiss Hütte towards Hinterglemm and the Zwölferkogel ...

No - only joking Laughing Laughing Laughing Conditions were fabulous. Blue cloudless skies and a couple of centimetres new snow overnight. The snow was soft - my friends said heavy but I found it fine (we only skied the south-facing slopes, having come over from Leogang). There were a few spots where earth was showing through but nothing that affected the pistes. The snow at the side of the pistes was also good for skiing. Here another picture to get you into the mood, a view from the Rachkuchl beside the Schönleiten lift ...

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forgot to post these from Kuhtai, 6th Feb and nice to wake up to Very Happy when it dumps it really dumps !

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What ho! from cloudy Kitzbuhel. Cloudy and very warm morning cleared to a great afternoon, but clouds are now back, and they don't look snowy (not that I'm an expert cloud reader). Snow very soft, cover holding up well, but some grass and rocks here and there. Main resort runs open but looking pretty dreary. For a change, the best conditions are to be found on the upper slopes and some fresh snow would be welcome.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another cloudless sky in Kitzbuhel. Hard pistes softening rapidly. Raining in town last night, no sign of fresh snow up top. According to the bloke who runs the pension I'm in (who as a native and ex ski racer should know) the snow is good for another 3/4 weeks, more or less whatever happens. Par for the course in Kitzbuhel, I reckon.
latest report
Skied in Kaprun yesterday, pistes were very compact but its so warm at the moment, by lunch time you may as well have waterskis on. Very wet, heavy knee breaking slush. Over on Schmittenhöhe valley runs taking a bashing, looking patchy and worn.
snow report
DAB, Skied St Johann/Alpendorf and over to Wagrain and the pistes were in pretty good nick considering the temperatures. A bit wet and heavy lower down but on top it was fine! going back on Friday to do some more of the same or maybe pick up my friends and drive over to Zauchensee.

I'll give Flachau a miss as I find the slopes quite boring to be honest!
rolling eyes
latest report
Samerberg Sue, Zauchensee is my favourite place to ski here! I would join you if I am allowed(!) next time, just let me know! Have to go to Italy for some races or I would be there like a shot Very Happy Flachau is a mare at the moment you are right.
snow report
DAB, I'll keep you posted as it all depends on my friends and the weather - forecast is for heavy snow at the end of the week, so we may just stay in St Jo/Wagrain as I can feel my way blindfolded around them!

I'm in St Jo from 20th March staying at the Berghof for a week. My annual week of indulgence and spoiling. I'm on my own them and you'd be more than welcome company - as would Ben or any other sH in that neck of the woods at the time!

Cool
ski holidays
richmond, online forecast says sleet/drizzle this week; so you may get some snow on the slopes.

I'm there a week on friday and hoping I need to pack the powder planks.
snow conditions
Crossing my fingers for this warm spell to run out of steam by Thursday and revert back to winter for a while at least, as some of the forecasts are saying, we're off Saturday to Koenigsleiten and hoping for some good conditions.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, thanks for the thought, but I'm on my way home afer a sneaky weekend on the slopes. Although the weather conditions weren't great - too warm - the skiing was very enjoyable, as long as you followed the sun around. Skiing down to the bottom of the Fleckalmbahn this morning was surprisingly, good right to the bottom.
ski holidays
Deliaskis, have fun, Koenigsleiten a great place. I had my second ski trip there and some good memories. I hope this warm weather breaks too as I'm in Gastein from Sat.

Kersh
snow conditions
Colder weather promised for the first half of March.
snow conditions
some snow and rain about tonight in schladders. Cooled down a little, supposed to cool off overnight so hopefully a little powder by morning.
latest report
Schladming : Sunny day today, a tad colder too. Was maybe 10cm of fresh snow higher up, though on a pretty rough base in most places. Snow best described as variable. Forecast is for another drop in temps and staying colder for the next week or so and snowfall for the next few days. Sounds too good to be true, so probably is. Currently clouding over a little, next snow forecast later tonight.
latest report
waynos, colder yes, but only very light snowfall
snow conditions
red 27, time will tell.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I'm getting excited for Serfaus next week snowHead snowHead Looks like colder temps and hopefully some snow the end of the week/weekend. Woohooo - fingers are crossed Very Happy
snow conditions
cathy wrote:
Well I'm getting excited for Serfaus next week snowHead snowHead Looks like colder temps and hopefully some snow the end of the week/weekend. Woohooo - fingers are crossed Very Happy

Having been to Fiss last two years I know you'll have a great time in Serfaus, lots of good long runs over a large area. Check out Kuhalm (on a small toboggan run piste off Fiss mid station) and Frommesalm (same sort of area, mid point on a 10K red run!) both good mountain restaurants.

In Serfaus area this year they have also just added a huge 'bouncy castle' style inflatable for people to have a go at practising jumps and acrobatics, real good fun.

Also make sure to get across to SkiHutte Masner (huge self service restaurant) in a lovely area over towards Ischgl, up a long T bar, couple of nice runs off the top - choice blue or red, all the way back to Masner restaurant.
Fortunately there are only about 4 T bars in the whole resort.

Can't give you any reports on Serfaus as we only passed through it via the gondola system, but we were impressed by the underground train system they have there.

Off to Hochkoenig myself on the 14th, hopefully the snow will just keep coming!
ski holidays
oldsnowy, thank you! We were also in Serfaus this time last year and thought it was a great resort, always good to have more recommendations of good places to go, especially as the OH had an accident after a few days which put paid to the rest of the week's skiing for him - and it wasn't so much fun for me either by myself! We're going to make the most of it this time! snowHead
snow report
waynos, indeed... The proof will be in the proverbial
snow conditions
Flying to Munich tomorrow for 4 days on the slopes. Car hire is booked but ski destination is still to be determined.

Quite fancy trying somehwere new. Been and skied Mayrhofen and the upper Ziller Valley and am considering the Hochzillertal and Zillertal Arena areas this time. These have most runs above 1400m, going up to 2400-ish metres. Both areas are saying all lifts and most runs are open, with respectable snow depths and HochZ is reporting that a couple of valley runs are open to 600m Shocked.

Is there anyone out there who can advise on current Zillertal conditions? Snow is forecast every day we are there Confused - with the FL dropping to sea level - so we could be looking for a few trees for shelter......
snow conditions
mountainaddict, Tried Ski Amadé yet? Snow is pretty good just about every where really and as you say more forecast over the next few days.

I'm off to Zauchensee tomorrow if the vis is OK, otherwise it will be another day, another dollar on the St Jo/Wagrain slopes.

Get in touch with Flangesax and DAB for an update on the Schladming/Amadé areas.

Don't get too bogged down with heights as it is a completely different ball game over here in the eastern Alps compared with the western end in France.

What time are you landing? The weekend exodus from Munich can cause a few problems especially on the A9, A99 and A8, any time from 15:00 onwards. Most of us work from 07:30/08:00 to 16:00/18:00 from Monday to Thursday in order to have a short day on Friday!
Laughing
ski holidays
cathy, another thumbs up for serfaus. there in 08 and its a fantastic resort. just watch the prices in some places especially for drink.
its a long town which comes to a dead end on the gondola side. we had a drink on the opposite side of town and worked our way towards the gondola end and a round was approx 25eu when we started, by the time we got to the other side of town it was 50eu for the same round!
snow report
Internet forcasts for the Tyrol are showing light to moderate snow for the next few days Cool

Wonder if it's actually turning up on the ground Confused
snow conditions
hows it looking in saalbach. am off there on the 20th hope its not too warm. otherwise i might need my shorts and t shirts rather than ski gear
snow report
benpudney, Saalbach has cooled down a lot according to the resort website. There is some fresh powder and more snow is predicted over the next week with temperatures well below zero Smile I'm off to Saalbach on the 13th. Fingers crosed
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Saalbach/9day/mid
snow conditions
Pretty wild weather today. Was planning on skiing the Edelgreiss off piste route off the Dachstein glacier. Drove up to Ramsau, 1500m, at 8:30 and it was a complete white out blizzard with strong winds, around -12. We were planning on some ladder climbing and walking an interesting traverse at around 2700m, so decided that was a no no. Headed to back down to schaldming / planai. A heavy snow shower strong winds made for a cold start. Not much fresh powder around so drove down to Zauchansee. Was snowing steadily when we got there, headed up to the back bowls and what a wonderful surprise, 15 - 20cm of fresh light powder. Vis was not great but as soon as we hit the tree line no problem. Loads of untracked to play in, so a great afternoon. Seemed to be a day of heavy showers, very localised as to where or will get more snow. Felt very cold, probably as it's been pretty warm recently, still some showers about.
snow conditions

A shot from Zauchansee today.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy