Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow report Winter 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Where abouts are you Sue?

19degC in Munich today!!! roll on winter
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevev, I'm currently sitting in my office at Oberpfaffenhofen bei Wessling with the window open! Evil or Very Mad Not November weather is it!

I was surprised to see that the temperature in my village was 16.7°C still after the sun had gone down - that's unreal but we have a Föhn storm warning out tonight for the mountain peaks!

At least Wetter.com is predicting a return to normal temperatures in their 16 day forecast - I just hope it happens! I've only got 17 days until I bog off to Sölden for a week

Sue wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samerberg Sue, is it only 17 days ? time flies eh.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, well only 16 now - I'm getting there on the Friday morning and skiing with Heike so we can hopefully get our ski legs sorted out before the course starts on the Sunday!

Have you sorted out your accommodation yet? I had a phone call from Frau Wilhelm last week saying that she had lots of people asking about accommodation and wondering if Heike, Sleipnir and I were filling up the apartment with A.N. Other. I had to tell her that I didn't know! It seems a lot of people are booking up pre-Christmas weekends. Distance from the apartments to the Tirolerhof is 1.5kms by the way.

Another warm day today with the forecast saying up to 22°C on the north side of the Alps but with storm-force winds over the peaks! A real Föhn storm which usually means it will break pretty soon. Unfortunately the current 3-day forecast does not back up that theory
Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerburg Sue

Do you know of any good B & B's in Solden ?
I'm going to be there on the 29th November for 5 days & I'm looking for somewhere cheap & good & pretty central.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue, not considered anything yet, waiting for my mate to return from China. Not too sure when I will be getting there but probably Sunday Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I go Ischgl Austria 3 days at 27 Novembre. Is snow be there this time? I go for party so maybe not important but it be nice to be ski also. First time in this place but people speak it very fun.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shades, Try the tourist office - I am staying in a self-catering flat on someone else's recommendation. But as we were there for the World Cup opening weekend I noticed that there were loads of B&B's

Shouldn't be a problem to organise something in your price bracket and as it is quite warm here currently I think the expected rush may not materialise!

Sue
wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am coming to austria on Dec 5th. we are a bit worried about the snow conditions now.
We don't know where to go - St. Anton or Solden.
We'll appriciate any thoughts on the subject.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ayalco, Sölden - you have quite a large glacier area right on your doorstep.

There's a bunch of snowHeads there from the 5th as well!

Sue wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some great pics from Obertauern here, looks like they've worked wonders with the little snow they have!

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=33224
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like there's (much needed) snow coming next week esp. in the west.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Seems to be a dusting of snow today looking at Soelden webcams
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Some great pics from Obertauern here, looks like they've worked wonders with the little snow they have!

I hope so... 10,000 people heading up there on Sat to watch the Dead Trousers.... (I just hope they don't all intend to use the pistes!)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Freeze levels still looking high for a week or so Sad
snow conditions
Ischgl didn't look to bad on the webcams today.. fingers crossed for in 9 days..
latest report
It's still extremely warm down here. At least for this time of a year. On weekend I was on Moelltal, and on 3100m it was more then +5c quite early on morning already. So we have everything but perfect conditions up in hills at the moment.
ski holidays
having a look at the webcams things look pretty dire in the Ski Amade area... anyone who knows anything willing to put out a forecast for the next couple of weeks ?
snow conditions
Quote:

things look pretty dire in the Ski Amade area

it's pretty dire everywhere. But it's only November! All the forecasts seem to agree that it's going to look a lot better in a week.
snow report
pam w wrote:
All the forecasts seem to agree that it's going to look a lot better in a week.

Cool snowHead
ski holidays
Speedster, yes, any region with skiing above 2000m will be fine for the next few weeks wink
snow report
Am in Bad Gastein.

The opening has been put back from 7th November to 4th December.

Very strong föhn wind at the moment. Windows are shaking and I've never known that before.

Some snow forecast but doubt it will be a lot.
latest report
It's been raining (upto 2200m) heavily for about 8 hours solid here in Bad Gastein.

This wasn't forecast at all by Metcheck or snow-forecast. meteox.co.uk forecast 100mm for today so seems closer to the truth.

Dorfgastein (15k north of here) is dry and sunny.
snow report
Same here. The wind last night blew all our rubbish all over the village!!!. But it is not raining here.

Where about are you in Gastein?? What are you doing there?

We often go to the spa baths only about 35 mins away from us. I like the Gastein valley.
snow report
topjack, keep the reports coming. i plan to be in bad gastein next week at some point... hopefully the predicted snowfall on friday will materialise
latest report
Hi, I'm heading to Kaprun/Zell am See at the weekend for a week. I'll ski the Kitsteinhorn Glacier but is there any other areas near by that have and are holding snow that I should check out. Any info would be gratefully welcomed.
ski holidays
Boyd, at a "just back from the pub and glanced at your post" idea, Obertauern.
ski holidays
Just back from Soelden yesterday,yes very strong foehn wind on Sunday, heavy rain when we left the resort yesterday. On Sunday up on the glacier there was fresh snow falling for most of the day.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fresh Austrian snowfall yesterday

Sölden 52cm
Obergurgl 45cm
Stubaier Gletscher 70cm
Mölltaler Gletscher 60cm

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 1-12-09 11:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Checking the webcams for Ellmau and Brixen this morning and there seems to have been a bit overnight, not sure how much, but at least everything is white now! Hope it lasts and there's more.
ski holidays
hammerite, So do I! We are heading there on 18th December - my fingers are crossed Smile
ski holidays
Where you off to Avago?

We go to Ellmau on 26th Dec. I know the weather and conditions can change at the drop of a hat in the mountains, but I've been papping it recently as it's been so warm rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
hammerite, We are staying in Going and our friends are in Ellmau. We've not been there before, have you? We have been away for Christmas for the last 3 years (France) and the snow has always been great. Thought we'd have a change of country this year, so I'm hoping that change doesn't bite us in the bum! I hope the temperatures at least drop enough so they can get the cannons on. Smile
ski holidays
Avago, Snow wa sgreat in Austria the last couple of years too.

The Ski Welt webcams are showing all nice and white today, but how much there is I'm not sure. They were green yesterday.

Where are you staying in Going? I was at the hotel Blattlhof last March.
snow report
Quote:

I'm hoping that change doesn't bite us in the bum!

it's been green most places this year, until now - the snow shortage has been pretty universal.
latest report
alex_heney, We are staying at Gashoff Dorfwirt and I have booked our friends in at the Blattlhof (thanks for your report). I have been glued to the webcams for the past couple of weeks and was delighted to see it all white this morning.. Skiwelt website says 10cm at top and -2. That will do for starters wink

pam w, Lets hope it is universally white from now on! Laughing
ski holidays
Avago, Never been to Ellmau before, or to Austria. This is only my second trip, although the OH has been to a fair few resorts in Europe and Austria, Ellmau is also a new one for her. We're staying at the Alpenhof.

We went away the same week last year to AdH and the conditions were great.
ski holidays
Avalanche danger is critical in Southern and East Tyrol Ötztal and Stubai Alps

http://www.tt.com/tt/home/story.csp?cid=17199906&sid=57&fid=21
snow conditions
Typical. No snow then when it finally comes high avalanche danger.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 1-12-09 15:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
DB wrote:
Typical. No snow and then high avalanche danger.

Ground is way to warm, there is going to be alot of Avalanches this season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy