Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

volunteering

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
was wondering if any of you guys can help been thinking of giving up some spare time to help out with any disabled ski activities that are in need of volunteers, i don't have any qualifications/coaching badges etc but am a very capable skier and think i have the skills necessary.

so am pretty much after some advice/links and other peoples experiences, any comments or feedback would be appreciated, i have emailed Hemel snow centre along these lines and am waiting for a response, am aware that mk has disabled events/programs running but Hemel would be ideal as this is my nearest slope and would make committing my time a lot easier for work and travel reasons
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swell, I don't think Hemel will be in a position to give you a firm reply at the moment. They are only just beginning to think about what kind of adaptive programme will be offered there. I'm in currently in the middle of a 5 day course for adaptive skiing and it's enjoyable, interesting and pretty tough!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swell, have a look here for a list of clubs and training times

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50737
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers guys,thanks for the responses. I would love to do any course to do with skiing at the moment but am afraid my finances wouldn't stretch to this and am currently self employed so 5 days of work would hurt Sad am basically looking to just help out and provide an extra pair of hands where needed, thought it might be a bit early for Hemel but surely its on there agenda and hopefully i will have got my name on the list so to speak. apologies for the daft questions but do any of you do similar volunteering without the need of badges and courses and the like, all i have to offer is the fact i can ski and spare few hours of my time and I'm willing, hopefully this would be a foot in the door initially, but like i say my finances and my mortgage limit me at the moment! Mad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swell, there certainly seems to be a need for volunteers to assist based on what I've being doing in the last couple of days. The more pairs of hands the better!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers, where is your course being held? also could you provide any contacts websites etc?? thanks again
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swell, at Hemel. It is the Level 1 Adaptive skiing course run by BASI.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swell, if you are near Hemel we would love to see you!! We now have a programme up and running there both weekdays and weekends. We are trying to do lessons every second saturday but are not always getting that regular. Our next session will be next Saturday 5th Dec. We would love to see you there if you can be available at short notice.

Volunteer training will be provided.

If anyone is interested in volunteering to assist at Hemel then mail me at dworthington@tomichi.co.uk.

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy