Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I am 4000 today (+ Scotland and rope-work). New 3 in 1 thread.

Poster: A snowHead
It was my Birthday yesterday and I just noticed this is my 4,000th post. Will I receive a free "Get a Life" badge?

I finally got to use my "Ropework for Skiers" expertise on Friday:
I am converting a space to be my new studio and had to block out some windows in the roof. I needed to do some work at the apex at about 7 metres with a 5.5 metre ladder, so I slung a rope over a steel beam near the apex and felt nice and secure despite standing on the top step. (I also practiced hauling myself up and letting myself down - which was fun and celebrated my last day being 60)

I hope, though, that the snowHead Scottish trip we imagined last season will happen in March 2010 - then I can go into Easy Gully and other places with my rope and harness, even if the snow is marginal.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball, Good one.. I have tree to chop down so am going to do some of the same..

I can be interested in Scotland if the weather allows..

Will probably be in Switzerland ealry Mar..

Belated Happy Birthday wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball, have this one Toofy Grin

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Congratulations all round (I think!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are quite a few SH like us reaching 60. Happy birthday anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, Many happy (belated) returns Very Happy
Hope to be able to meet up with you at Hemel sometime this summer for a daytime ski?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball, Happy Birthday Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball, err... welcome to the club snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
II, is that the 60 club or the 4000posts club? *ducks* Razz
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks, folks. (thanks for the badge, andyph.

Just got back from continuing work on the studio. The studio move was caused by Spurs buying the whole industrial estate (where I had converted a building into 9 artists' studios) to build their new stadium. They plan to flatten it all by Christmas. Really annoying - I had put a lot of work into those studios.

Linds, I'll be there on saturday ... and other times I imagine. It is only about 40 minutes from here.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
treble post

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 7-07-09 11:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
treble post

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 7-07-09 11:08; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JT wrote:

I can be interested in Scotland if the weather allows..

Will probably be in Switzerland ealry Mar..

Same here. I was thinking of around the third weekend, or even later, like we intended last season. The third week of April was great in 08 - and, though there was much less snow and we didn't have a snowheads meet, I gather there was just enough snow on the April date last year to ski the back of Nevisrange - though less on the front (see pics here . Compare Summit Gulley (off piste back) in those pics, to April the previous year .You wouldn't have known that from the other websites, though, you needed to have contacts up there.

And even on 31st May on Ben Nevis itself, close-by . Looks exciting (ie bl**dy steep)! See bottom of those pages for image list from all Scottish resorts and dates last season.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 7-07-09 11:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball, you appear to have an echo Wink

As always I'm up for trips to Scotland snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
echo gone Embarassed
snow conditions
I'm 4000 aswell. Sad Not taken me very long.

snowball, Happy Birthday for yesterday.
ski holidays
JT, Megamum, you far outstrip me; Shimmy Alcott, happy 4,000th; Linds, I see you are about to turn 4,000 too!!- It's nothing to worry about, feels just like 3,000.
snow report
Happy Birthday Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy