Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting married in the Snow

Poster: A snowHead
My cousin is considering getting married in the snow. Anyone been through this? Any suggestions on where to go? I'm not too sure if this would result in a better price or not but just thought I'd find out if anyone has any suggestions! Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Angel1977, no experience, being a very eligible bachelor wink but sounds like my kind of wedding. Too many people buying the same old package'd wedding as everyone else (for their special day Toofy Grin ). Great to see people doing their own thing. Wiil the bride be in white dont want her to get lost in the snow NehNeh.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My friend does some wedding organising based in Altenmarkt, Austria... sorts out all the paper work, service etc etc etc..

PM me and I will drop you some details.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know - unfortunately I am one of the many that's going the traditional route Smile Sounds lovely all right but I don't like the idea of other ppl using their holidays to go to it. Oh well too late to change now Smile No I don't think she'll be wearing white. I think she's gonna wear red so she doesn't get lost in the snow!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax - I am actually new to this so I don't know how to PM Sad
Sorry!! Probably straight forward but I'm never in forums.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
click user just under flangsax's name and that will open the pm page Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Angel1977, below the snowheads logo top right of the page, click on 'Send/Read Messages, and you can PM from there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Angel1977, Currently in the middle of organising our own right now. Leona is looking after most of the details but here is the light and fluffy version

Allot of hotesl especially Austria and N America have dedicated people to do all the paper work etc for you. They are quite efficent and provide checkliste etc of what you have to do before you get there etc.

What we did was draw up a list of resorts and hotels and then contacted them to see what they could do for us.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Light and fluffy sounds good Smile
I don't envy them. At least when you do it at home you can pop out to the hotel. Here they have to go by a web description! I know Austria well enough though so am happy enough to suggest there to them. The country is lovely and the ski resorts are pretty good. Reckon I'll be able to come up with a couple of good hotels it would be worth them contacting. Thanks everyone for your help on this!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Angel1977, Can we go on the guest list ? Blush
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Can we go on the guest list ?

Ha ha - which one?? Little Angel
Mine or my cousins??
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
theres two weddings? both please Blush

Which shop will the wedding gift list be? I presume if you want an iron it will be a ski wax one?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sounds like a top idea. Beats a 1960s registry office and a buffet in a tent anyday I reckon.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saw a couple getting hitched at the top of Vail mtn, a few years ago. She was in full white dress and him in morning suit. They then skied down afterwards for drinks in Bart and Yetis Toofy Grin The locals were amazed by it all but bought em a few drinks Madeye-Smiley There didnt seem to be many guests but then its a long way to go just for a wedding Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Angel1977, ski2 organise/help organise weddings in Champoluc - which is a nice destination in and of itself, having celebrated wedding there myself. Seems to work wel but sights of guests in UK-stylee finery & morning suits trudging through snow rather comical when on skis...
latest report
Angel1977,

Got married in the UK, but did our Honeymoon to Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada and can highly recommend it.
snow conditions
Angel1977, look at the Gruner Baum in Bad Gastein. The number of requests I get from guests who are going to a wedding there is amazing! It's a really great place. Here's the link:

www.hoteldorf.com

snow09bride got married there last year, ask her about it. I can probably answer any questions too. wink

Cheers
Kersh
ski holidays
Thanks everyone for all your help on this. I came away with alot of suggestions to pass on. Smile
Funnily enough someone else over the weekend had suggested the Gruner Baum too. Bad Gastein sells pretty well so I'll pass this along and get them to look at it. Will also suggest they contact Ski2 who can answer all their questions!
latest report
I looked at this company http://www.elevationweddings.com/ based in the Austrian Alps. They were very helpful, and it worked out reasonable too. Unfortunately it's looking like we won't be able to do it due to family reasons.
snow report
Sounds like you would come away with some interesting stories but sure getting married at home is just as good albeit more expensive Smile
I prefer having my whole family around me on the day.....That may change though come D Day! Very Happy Thanks Liz.
snow report
We got married at Deer Lodge , Lake Loiuse back in Feb 2000 (nearly 10 years ago !!). We were doing a Canadian road trip and all we did was contact the Banff marriage commisioner before we left the UK, arrived in Banff, payed for the licence, done the road trip ending up at Lake Louise. We snowboarded all morning , came down at lunchtime,got washed and dressed and got married in the lounge before having a nice romantic dinner in the restaurant.
We got two of the girls from the ski hill to be witnesses and that was it. Had a big party when we got home.

http://www.kunelius.com/
snow conditions
I think Loveland in Colorado does a group on mountain wedding on Feb 14 (Valentines Day here)
snow report
I got married in Kirchberg,Tirol 20years ago. It was a bit of a mare to organize but my OH is Austrian so the language wasnt a problem. My mum was really upset as we wore the traditional dress,him lederhosen and me a dirnrl which she said made me look like I was going to milk the cows Shocked Also getting the men out of the hut and away from their schnapps was a bit of a deal, but it was a great day and it snowed(May)! so that was a plus! Good luck with your plans and keep us up to date, I am sure I am not the only one here who loves a wedding! Very Happy
snow report
That sounds like it was a great wedding Smile Traditional dress and all. The photos must be great! I am going with the home based wedding and can't believe it's coming up so fast!! I decided to take on alot of the work myself rather than pay others and am in the process of making the mass booklets. I didn't realise just how much this would entail! Going overseas would probably have been so much easier Smile
Oh well it is fun and means loads of fun nights with the bridesmaids getting them to help me. As for my cousin the wedding Bad Gastein is the destination.
latest report
DAB, sounds like a good bash!!! You mum thought you looked like you were going to milk the cows ....... fantastic! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Angel1977 wrote:
As for my cousin the wedding Bad Gastein is the destination.

Let me know if you need any local tips for the planning.

Cheers
ski holidays
We are getting married in Zermatt on 23rd December, civil ceremony at the |Registrar Office and then a Church Blessing at St Peters.
Any snowHead there please say hello.

We have organised most of it ourselves, but have received a lot of help through Hazel who is the Church Warden.
Its taking some doing, but I think we can look back on it and say we did it all, rather than rely on an event planner.
snow report
arlberg, Well done. That sounds like THE perfect location!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I went to a lovely one - some friends got married in an ice church in Finland. They were going to go to the ice hotel in Sweden, but found them unhelpful, so went for Finland instead, where we had a great time. Photos and video here! Video is highly recommended, it's lovely Smile
http://www.icewedding.com/

We all went snowboarding in Saariselka the next day too.
ski holidays
Roy Hockley wrote:
arlberg, Well done. That sounds like THE perfect location!

Thanks Ray Hockley we think so
ski holidays
I was a witness at my best friends wedding in Zell am See 9 years ago. It was fab. It was all booked though a tour op, staying at the Hotel Heitzmann. The couple there, Rudi and Anita organised everything and were fab. It was truly a lovely romantic day and the ceremony was short and sweet.
latest report
I got married in the Gruner Baum in March- 80 guests travelled, snowed all week! Day after had few beers on the Mountain then reserved the upstairs in the Silver Bullet for serious session.
ski holidays
Got married on Mt Norquay in Banff in a blizzard nearly 8 years ago now (blimey, I forgot to take advantage of the 7 year itch!). We had a fantastic guy doing the ceremony, an ex-park ranger called Rick who had a huge handle-bar moustache (with icicles of course)and a great Canadian drawl. It was just three mates and us with our boards and an audience of four young Canadian boarders who spotted us and stopped to applaude at the end of the ceremony. We've even got them shouting a classic line "hey dude, they're getting married!" on the video. When we went into the town later that evening, I walked into a shop and a girl admired my ring and asked me if we were the couple that had got married on the mountain that day. Fame at last!

We arranged our wedding with First Choice but I'm not sure if they do that package anymore. Rick has a website though so you can arrange a normal trip out there and contact him separately http://www.kunelius.com/index.html to make the wedding arrangements. Hope your cousin has a real white wedding day to remember Very Happy
snow report
hey, I know this is a late reply - Got married on the mountain in Sunshine Village Banff. April this year - Awesome, Visit Connie at elegantweddings.com. My wife left a testimonial on there.
Connie is a top wedding planner and very reasonable.
ski holidays
If they do it at Keystone, Colorado this winter the bride and groom get a free season's ski pass: http://www.firsttracksonline.com/News/2009/10/4/Get-Married-in-Keystone-Ski-for-Free-All-Season/
ski holidays
11 weeks today, from now and I'll be on my way to the registrars office in Zermatt.
snow report
We are getting married in Kitzbuhel in March. Having a traditional wedding (well traditionally Irish anyway!) - church plus hotel. We've organised it all ourselves without using a wedding planner/ski company, although in fairness the priest and the hotel have been amazing, as have the tourist office. We did a lot of research into this in Austria, France and Switzerland so if your cousin does need some help just drop me a PM and I can send you on all the info. I don't think it is much difficult than a home wedding and if your cousin's friends/family ski they can just book their yearly trip around the wedding. We've invited 180 people to ours and have very little drop out so far, which is causing an element of panic!!
ski holidays
Mr & Mrs Arlberg are back from Zermatt after a totally memorable week, despite Easyjet and Swissair trying to scupper all our plans.
We had our flight ex Liverpool to Geneva cancelled, then managed to book Machester to Basel(Zurich) which was also cancelled.
Eventually after a £150 pound taxi ride from Manchester to Birmingham, we managed to make the 6:50 flight with 10 mins to spare.
A few friends and family decided to opt out and did not come over, but all together 26 made the trip.
On the morning of the services, it snowed about 4 to 6 inches and stopped about and hour before the start.
The civil service in the registrars office was really nice.
The church blessing was fantastic and will be part of my life forever, and the view as we emerged from the church was stunning.
The Zermatterhof did us proud with the champagne reception and dinner and the evening time in the Post was great.

It was definitely the best day of my life, thank you Mrs Arlberg and Zermatt
snow conditions
arlberg, Congratulations snowHead
snow conditions
arlberg,

Congrats to ye.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy