Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing bormio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to bormio italy feb 09 for 2 weeks [lucky me]. Any surggestions on where to stay and where to ski?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
where to stay, ....i stayed this year in the hotel nevada right next to the main (sorry only) lift out of town, (it was not cheap but still a lot cheaper than equivilent in france) plenty of good hotels around, just be wary of how far some of them are from the lift...there were people in the party who ended up with a walk of best part of 3km to the lifts in the morning...mini bus was thankfully for them provided, but that meant time specific departures

as for where to ski, Bormio has plenty of vertical but is pretty dam narrow as resorts go, you will find it pretty hard to get lost...depending on when you are going to be there carnivali runs in part of feb so hotel rooms may be tough to get even this early on
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
English National Chamionships on at that time too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beequin, i think carnivali is the week after...or does it clash..there was talk of a clash Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you have a car you've got Valdidentro and Santa Caterina ski areas not too far away.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
peter42, Have you got a time machine?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, English Championships are 14th - 19th.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
peter42, Try Hotel Piccolomondo, Bormio. This is a very nice family run hotel and very close to the lift and piste.
Carnival week is exactly the same week as the English Championships next year so it's advisable to book accommodation as soon as possible!! Many places are booked up already!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Carnival week is exactly the same week as the English Championships next year

what nutter planned that Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have been to Bormio 5 times and love the place. Stayed at Hotel Genzianella (number 1 on Trip Advisor) last year, which was fantastic - the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in and in a great position just opposite the main slope. Also stayed at San Lorenzo which was lovely but that was in the old town, so further from the lifts.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had a short week there 2 years ago it was great and as has already been noted do try to get to the other local resorts, they are a delight. It is really well priced on the mountain and in the town too- food and drink.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I skied there for a weekend last year. As northantsred said it is well-priced which is not that common in the European Alps. It is not big though! But definitely worth a visit for a couple days of skiin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy