Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervina s/c apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there - we are thinking of going ski-ing in Cervinia next Easter with a couple of other families and will probably do it independently, does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for some good s/c apartments - perhaps with access to a pool and very easy access to the slopes?

Thanks for any help Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bounce
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simonx, last time we went there we got an apartment via www.ilcervino.com/homee.asp
Previously we used www.interhome.co.uk

Watch out for locations of apartments though, some of them are up at Cielo Alto which is about 1.5km from the town centre and main lifts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks Robin - I'll look into those.

Found that 1st Choice use 3* HOTEL CAMPAGONI - which sounds good on tripadvisor - it is £2876 for a family of 4 (B&B)

Easyjet flights from Gatwick around a grand for family of four including two pairs of skis - so I need to find accom+xfer for < £1800 Happy

Looking in transfers.net, a return transfer will be £400-£500, so that gvies me a budget cap of £1300 for accomodation.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a look on those appartment websites thanks, but unfortunately one only has two apartments and the other has none, not looking too promising on the hotel front either, any further suggestions gratefully received!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know it may not fit the bill as I had own transport and stayed 4 days in a 3-star hotel St Vincent to ski Cervinia in 2007. It was 75 Euro per night for a couple in a en-suite double room B&B thus the full market rate for 4 for 7 nights should be about 1000 Euros. It was a short pleasant drive to ski on a nearly deserted road everyday. There are plenty cheap accommodations if one can stay in the off-resort accommodations. We booked very late but believe shorter distance should be possible had we booked earlier.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Google apartment Cervina, chalet Cervina etc. etc.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simonx, How many people are you looking for? www.ilcervino.com/homee.asp has lots of apartments for up to six people, places for more than that are thin on the ground in most resorts - you may need to look for 2 apartments in the same building.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Robin - looking for three 2-bed apartments I think - that site only has two unfortunately!
Saikee - we will be with kids and want the easy option of being in the resort, and won't have car(s).

Thanks all - still looking ...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anyone know the hotel JOLI ?

They have rooms, but I cannot find the hotel on tripadvisor etc?

http://web.tiscali.it/meuble.joli/
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
simonx, if you're doing DIY you might find car hire a good alternative to transfers, which can work out quite expensive. A car can make life hugely easier, especially with kids. And if you are planning s/c, then a car to do a big shop, especially heavy stuff like beers, can be very useful. £700+ a head seems extremely expensive for just B & B, by the way.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Pam - that's the joy of half-term for you - the price is almost double that of the week before and the week after. Looking at s/c for about £1000 for the week. Will look into car hire / transfers once accom and flights booked Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
simonx, Half term? I thought you said Easter. Have I lost the plot?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did say Easter, but you should've realised I meant Feb 1/2 term wink
We normally go at Easter, but going Feb this year - so long as I don't get them mixed up again!
Sorry.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
simonx, why so specially Cervinia? Sounds like it's making your search tricky restricting it so much?
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
simonx, why so specially Cervinia? Sounds like it's making your search tricky restricting it so much?
you are not wrong! Some friends are going there and, in particular, their oldest daughter and ours are friends ................ when we normally go our daughter doesn't have any friends (only her sisters younger friends) so pushing ahead with Cervinia for her sake as much as anything!

Found an apartment and reserved it, but is in Condominium Giomein, I think it is 150m from the Plain Maison chairlift - I am worried that it might be up the steep hill towards Furggen Hotel I read about somewhere - be grateful if anyone who knows the resort can advise!

There is an alternative down by the tourist info in the centre but it is 200E more Sad
snow conditions
The problem with the Furggen and nearby accomadation is indeed the steep hill up and down to the lifts. I ended up losing both big toe nails after trekking up and down the hill in ski boots.
You can sometimes ski down if there is good snow cover but we were very unlucky with poor cover in February.
access to the slopes is generally not great in Cervinia. most people have to walk in boots and carrying skis.It is the one place we would never go back to. If you have had good experiences elsewhere, you may be disappointed.
ski holidays
thanks Happy

Right I'll rule that out and go for the more expensive option - it is by the tourist info office I think, sound okay?

"Condominium Centro Breuil 1° floor. The apartment is situated in the town centre with Cervino s view"
ski holidays
I would think that is more convenient to both the main lift station and the drag lifts also and especially with children, easy access is important.
snow report
Hi we did a diy trip to Cervinia at Easter. We booked through a local agent can't remember the name, but the lady who we met was called Manuela +39340087386. (Give her a ring speaks excellent english andvery helpful). Nice big apartment on the main street. We paid about 700 euros. It is a hike to the gondola, but more convenient to use the Cretaz chair lift. This is fine providing you are not beginners. If you are flying to Turin, public transport will get you to Cervinia depending on you day of arrival. (Which will have to be a Saturday if you want an apartmnet). Its a bit "Planes Trains Automobiles" but we did it with 3 young kids and saved a few quid.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy