Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chillfactore Manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, who's been, what's it like?????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
expensive. Go first thing in morning or queues are unbearable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not as good as the others.
Queues long. Flat light.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been about 5 times now. We were so looking forward to it opening after all the hype, and it’s on our doorstep, so thought we would be regulars. To begin with, there were lots of teething problems, which have in general been sorted out. But, it’s no longer in length to ski than Castleford, as there are a few metres cut off the run for queuing barriers. There is always an annoying uphill slope to the ticket reader, and often another one to the buttons, which seems odd when all they need to do is level the snow off, and last time we went, there were quite a few competition obstacles reducing ski area. I also think the snow is like soft dry sugar, on top of ice, so it shifts easily into mounds, and it doesn’t seem to want to let you carve properly. And as chect2000, says, the light half way down is flat. If it’s not busy, the minimum 1.5 hours will really drag, and most people end up finishing early. If they offered a cheaper 1 hour session in off peak periods, that would encourage more customers. They say they are considering this, but that’s been said for the last 6 months! If you live near another one, I wouldn’t bother making the journey, it’s no different. I’d rather have Castleford nearer given the choice.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
I drive in from North Wales and have used Chill Factore about 5 times this year.

It is expensive compared to a dry ski slope, but if you can plan your day you can get a cheap deal, during the summer Sunday to Wednesday you can ski 6pm to 10 pm for £24. This is the time I go, as it's cheap and not busy. My duaghter (20) and I usuallly do the full 4 hours and we don't get bored with it. As it's the only snowdome I've been to, I've got nothing to compare it with, but the snow seems all right, if anything slightly easier to ski on than real piste snow. We quite like the mounds that form towards the end of the day, as it makes for more interesting skiing and snowboarding.
On a Sunday night, people don't usually bother with the ticket barrier thing as there aren't many people there anyway.
I don't really understand why the time would drag if it's not busy? I would have thought that not being busy would be an advantage.
One of the button lifts will break down during your visit, and this can take anything between 5 minutes and half an hour to fix. So I would say, if you can work out a cheap deal (see website for times etc), I would recommend a visit.
There can be a big queue to get their hire skis & boots, but we take our own so no problem there. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bargainbill, It drags because coming down a straight run that takes about 15 seconds to complete, for 1.5 hours, continuously, is just mind-blowingly dull. 50 minutes is more than enough if you aren’t having to wait in a queue! For a lesson it's necessary, to work on technique it's useful, to get your ski legs ready for a holiday it’s helpful, but for just playing around, after 7 runs down, I start thinking about what’s for dinner!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sharon1953 wrote:
bargainbill, It drags because coming down a straight run that takes about 15 seconds to complete, for 1.5 hours, continuously, is just mind-blowingly dull.

This is my general opinion of all indoor ski slopes. No view, indoors, crowded, short slope .... etc. etc. Unless I have some new kit I want to try out (like boots for example) I just can't really see the point. I think they're good for people who've never skied before and want to give it a go or are taking lessons, but I'd rather wait till I get out to a resort in the winter.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IMO Indoor slopes are good for doing skills drills that with the best will on the world, I wouldn't persist with on a mountain cause I'd want to ski the terain. It means when I hit the mountain I have sharpened my skiing enough to make the most of it. The drills slow down your descent and reintroduce a challenge to an otherwise easy slope. I did a one day Warren Smith course at Hemel in may and left with plenty to work on. Doing these exercises has been fun and has made me think about how I ski. Best of all though as I get better at them I get that same sense of satisfaction and achievement I did when first learning to ski.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy