Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs ski buses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

Quick question (hopefully quick and easy answer)-we're looking at going to Plan Peisey 12-19 December 2009, and am wondering whether there is a ski bus service which runs between the village and the other resort centres in Les Arcs? PP looks a nice, but smallish place with not much available in the evening-taking a small school group so the option of doing things in the other centres would be useful!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we went last year, a week later, I think it was the first week of the full free shuttle bus service. The season started the week before but I think there was a reduced service for the first week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowhound, no they don't. There's a free service linking Arc 1600 / 1800 / 1950 / 2000 , and there may be one linking peisey / plan pesiey / vallandry etc, but to get from the Peisey valley over to the Arc villages you would have to go down into BSM and come back up on the funicular, which doesn't run very late in any case
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowhound, nbt is correct there's buses around the various bits on Peisey-Vallandry which is the collective name given to the villages Peisey, Nancroix, Plan-Peisey & Vallandry, but no buses between that an 1800 or the rest of the domain. You can walk up to 1800 for a night out - there's a road between Vallandry (next to PP) and 1800 which takes about 30 minutes walk, although this is locked at both ends only for use by service vehicles. There was some talk last season of the road being opened up permanently, but I'm not convinced that would happen given the politics.

PP is not completely dead, but you're limited to about 3 bars (incl Vallandry), some nice bar/restaurants including La Vache and a smallish number of shops. If it's a school trip then I'm not convinced there's that much extra to do in 1800 that there isn't in P-V - it's not like there's a pool or anything. There's a cinema in Vallandry which shows some films as "VOST" - Version Originale avec Sou Titres, which is where recentish releases e.g last season had slumdog in English with French sub titles so good for the language skills. But it would be worth checking whether it is open the week you are going, as I don't think it opened until the following week last season.

I'd also look into other activities such as Snow-Shoeing, choice of guided walks in the Vanoise, Cross-Country skiing (down the hill in Nancroix), Dog-sledding at the same place. Have a chat with tourist info office as they are pretty good at speaking english and I'm sure they are keen to get kids coming to the resort at off-peak weeks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowhound, bertie bassett, is right there isn't much at 1800 or 1600, Plan Peisey is right next to Vallandry its only a short walk between them. In Vallandry there are a few bars and restaurants, ski shops, supermarket, depends on how old your school party are
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy