Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl Motto

Poster: A snowHead
According to the 2010 Website..

Motto stets: Après-Ski ja, Ballermannniveau nein Danke!

or

Yes to après-ski, no to lager louts!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been there, but from what I have read in the past, that amounts to a major policy change by the resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought Ischgl was quite an upmarket resort? Yes, big on apres ski, but also pretty expensive?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, expensive does not always mean up-market.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mayrhofen, Saalbach, Hinterglemm, Zillertal Arena, Kaltenbach.........all need the same treatment.

The excessively loud music may have something to do with the binge drinking. I didn't find the lager louts in Ischgl catching my attention. I have only seen it localized to the bottom station of 'A1' gondola with one or two pubs and not elsewhere at the other 'A2' and 'A3' gondola station areas. Actually it was subdued relatively to other places like Mayrhofen. Ischgl is dominated by classy restaurants and 4 and 5 stars hotels.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 22-06-09 10:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
saikee, that's what i was thinking.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Ischgl Motto

"We are rich and we know we are" would be more appropriate
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ordhan wrote:
Quote:

Ischgl Motto

"We are rich and we know we are" would be more appropriate

To be fair-

The rich folk (Now) who really made it possible were the original (1961) 73 founding shareholders of the Silvrettaseilbahn AG (Lift Company) with original Capital Share of € 0.5 million.

Since the Company founding the shareholders have waived all dividend payouts...Quite generous of them dont you think Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought Ischgl was pretty quiet away from the gondola in town. A lot of the apres ski bars were indoors too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi there. Yeah most of the bars are indoors. People hang around outside of the Schatzi bar and make a bit of noise but it turns into a restaurant at 7.30. I found this year a lack of lager louts though. I think the prices put pay to most of the heavy drinking. It was definitely far busier in 08 too. I found it quite lively then, but that is what I go there for. Good skiing and good nightlife.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton,
Quote:

Since the Company founding the shareholders have waived all dividend payouts...Quite generous of them dont you think

It's very impressive how Ischgl has reinvested the lift system profits in upgrading the system so that it is now probably one of the most modern in Europe. It's also a marked contrast to other some resorts, where you get the impression that the local shareholders decided it was a higher priority to treat themselves to a new Mercedes each year rather than invest in sorting long standing bottlenecks (Verbier comes to mind, based on experience there in early 1990s).

I've wondered how the Ischgl shareholders could be so altruistic, and can only presume that they all have major stakes in other parts of the local tourist industry that benefit from the excellence of the lift system.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Julian T, that and maybe a view to long-term capital gain, rather than immediate benefit through dividends. I think German and Austrian industry funding is more often done on a long-term basis - in contrast to practice in the US and Britain.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Julian T, agree completely, I can't think of another lift system in Europe as good. I do wonder where the money comes from?!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
beanie1 wrote:
Julian T, agree completely, I can't think of another lift system in Europe as good. I do wonder where the money comes from?!

Original share capital was only €500000.

Since then its been your lift ticket & they sold millions of those since 1961 Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton, yes but enough to have so many super-douper new lifts? They cost milions of £s each to construct. And if the economics does stack up, why do other resorts fail to upgrade their lifts? Shareholders profit taking?
latest report
As you will see the Lifts have been built & renewed over some period of years.

http://www.silvretta.at/pdf/anlagestatistik.pdf

This does not say what year ( I suspect at least 3-5 years old) but the last reported turnover was €51M

http://www.firmenabc.at/silvrettaseilbahn-aktiengesellschaft_jzT
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy