Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff or Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
We've skied Europe a lot & done Breckenridge area 3 times.
We're now considering Banff or Whistler (possibly Mammoth?) - which would be best for a mixed party?
I like the bowls & back country at Breck & Vail, wife likes pistes.

Thanks,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Banff is cheaper. The snow is good. Continental as opposed to maritime climate. It can be extremely cold though. I would not consider it in January or February myself. The skiing at Norquay or Sunshine or Lake Louise is some way from the town.

Whistler/Blackcomb is a proper international resort on a European scale. Good apres. Both areas could be suitable for mixed parties. Big bowls in Whistler. That may be better for you.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whistler better than Breckenridge & Vail for you. Moderate pistes probably better for the missus in Banff areas (whistler can get crowded in places). Neither would be a showstopper for the other party so decide on other criteria like:

Money no object - Whistler
Stunning Scenery - Banff
Walk to lifts - Whistler
No olympic chaos - Banff
Cougar heavy dubious niteclubs- Whistler
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You wouldn't be disappointed with either area. Both are fantastic - but different. Do one next trip then the other in the future.

Quote:

Banff: I would not consider it in January or February myself

Been in both months. Found it no colder than usual Alps temperatures. Maybe we were just lucky.

Quote:

The skiing at Norquay or Sunshine or Lake Louise is some way from the town.

40 mins each way on the bus. The return to Banff feels like it eats into your evening if you ski until the last lift. Still ok but something to bear in mind. I've also read somewhere that the bus operator is going to start charging - it's always been free up to now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kelcat, been to whistler 3 times in last 4 years.
good resort with mix terrain but can be expensive, great for mixed group. only about 2 hours from Vancouver too
very quick and easy bus service if not in village centre.
Having said that on all occassions we have been able to walk to accommodation if we really wanted to (10-15 minutes max) and if careful can do it on a budget, just be aware can get crowded at times

when are you thinking of going (avoid Jan as it can be really cold (-17C in village)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy