Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Dubai

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from SkiDubai - FANTASTIC snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Really highlighted how unfit I was Confused

But, a great time.

Arrived at 8:45 am (supposedly opens at 9, rest of (giant) mall at 10). Cost :200Dhms 35-40 pounds depending on exchange rate), including locker key. Had jacket and pants in my size, boots and skis were Atomics - not sure which type. All included in price. Also included were desposable socks. But not hat or Jacket.

Temp inside= -4C. (Temp outside= 42C)

At 9am only 2 others on piste.

Took 4 man chair to halfway station and came off and skiied the blue. Good, well groomed snow. Light bluish and a bit flat. skis good, boots a bit lose.
Took chair to top. It is 150m of wide red that feeds into the blue. Take the right side of the red and it ends in a bit of Black. They advertise 400m of piste with a 60m drop - I reckon around 350m of useble snow.

By 10 was filling up. Much to do besides ski including a couple of bobsleigh runs and nursery sloopes with moving carpet. Also, advertised for experienced skiiers only a button lift staight to the top on the edge of a black. This appeared to be the hardest thing in the dome!!! Laughing

Like all indoor slopes you quickly become used to the runs. Best enjoyed as a group snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bumped as promised Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TimDog, sounds brilliant - what's the transition like going from outside to inside?!? I hate that in the winter when shops have their heaters on full blast!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski-finder, Its a 3 step process. From slope (-4) to large entry lobby ( 16-20ish) to Mall (around 2) I'd estimate to covered car park (42). Humidty also varied.

RPF, ta Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TimDog, no pics?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There's another bloke just got back too, did you meet up?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TimDog, I find the whole idea of this place fascinating, so good to hear it from the horse's mouth Very Happy Is there quite a mix of nationalities and are a lot of the Arabs accomplished skiiers having been elsewhere or is it generally a new thing for them?

And I agree with Shimmy Alcott pics would be lovely Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No pics. Next time I'll take some Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spent this morning on the Dubai slope. Apart from its size, it's Tamworth on steroids, in that it seems to have the same type of snow making (made next door and brought in - no sing of any snowguns anywhere), and has a big bend half way down - but fortunately they haven't got Tamworth's escalators. Refreshment 'chalet' in the middle of the slope was a good idea: having just had an overnight flight from the UK I was suffering caffeine deficiency so needed a break.

The drag up the left was pretty vicious in places (steep, sharp corners) so I stuck to the leisurely quad chair. Was very quiet for the first hour, maybe only half a dozen skiers and a few boarders, so was making good tracks in freshly groomed snow. The lack of other skiers meant I could get some pretty fast runs, including some GS-sized turns using most of the slope, but the skis couldn't really handle this sort of skiing. The slope also undulates much more than any other fridge I've been in, a nice feature which meant that getting a little air was easy

There was a fair bit of park furniture around, including a jump and airbag at the bottom, but this was all kept out of the main runs so didn't intrude. Also someone had been digging a line of bumps which looked challenging - I didn't try it due to the "Helmet required" sign.

By the time I left it was getting quite busy, but the chair was still going up with some empty seats and no queues forming.

Overall standard of skiing on the slope was no-where near that at Hemel last Saturay night. Toofy Grin

I did talk a few pics - but they are still in the camera, might upload them tonight.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pics:

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went here on my trip to Dubai in July!!!

It is MUCH better than Castleford, and much cheaper too....

I agree the drag was vicious in places though. I am pleased someone has translated the runs into something I know... I was wondering what classification they would equate to.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy