Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP!! ACCOMMODATION.. MAYBE VILLARD DE LANS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have booked a flight with a mate to Lyon.
Need cheap accommodation for 5 nights (12th feb - 17th feb).
Wanting to ski!
Cannot find accommodation! halfterm?!!
Had decided on Villard De Lans but now flexible.

Is it worth risking it and finding somewhere cheap to stay when we arrive?
Or can anyone offer some ideas.

Thanks..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pav, welcome to snoHeads, unfortunately you're travelling at half-term. Everywhere is going to be booked solid, you're best best are the samller resorts.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks David.
Yeh sorry! I'm Pav. Hi everyone. (it was a bit rude of me jumping into the forum without that .. but it was at a desparate time!!) Not been on snow for about 10 years! , and only ever in Scotland and Finland!

Anyway sorted now! Very Happy after 5 hours of web searching and some phonecalls to france (worsened by the only french I know is how to order beer and cheese!)

We are staying in Villard De Lans.
Thanks to everyone who read, and/or searched for us.
Pav.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pav, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead and it's good that you've solved the problem even before you got much response. Give us a report on Villard De Lans when you get back, please. I think you're the 1st snowHead who has mentioned that resort but it is in our snowBase if others are interested.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Vercors, one of the more underrated ski areas near Grenoble - Villard de Lans is the most 'alpine' of the resorts there. Personally I love the Vercors - friendly and welcoming people, reasonable prices, some great sking. Look forward to your report pav... hope it's not too busy during the holiday period.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will do.
How good are the french at clearing roads. We are trying to reckon if we can drive Lyon to the resort without snow chains?
I'll report back on the resort when we get back.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went to Villard de Lans many years ago and quite enjoyed it. Definitely worth a trip on over to Correncon too. Enjoy!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy