Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

binding din settings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can some one help. A friend has just got some new skis off ebay and the shop has set the din to 5.5 as she is only 5.6', 9.1/2 st and only 2 weeks skiing under her belt this sounds alot
has anybody got some advise. Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glen Charman, Age and boot sole length also come into the equation. She should take her boots and new skis to a ski shop, have the bindings adjusted to her boots, and the DIN checked.
I'm 5'4 and 5.5 is what my DIN has been set to for many years.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glen Charman, http://www.dinsetting.com/ is a good ready reckoner. eBay retailers normally take all relevant details for setting them up.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks snowbunny She is 39 Her skis are 165 and I think she is a size 5
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glen Charman, you need to know her exact boot sole length - it's stamped in mm on the side of the sole
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Glen Charman, Her boot sole length will be printed on the side of the heel piece. Expect to see it in mm. Mine are currently 294mm and I have bigger feet. Sole lengths can vary between boot models/brands. This number is important for correct DIN setting, as you'll see in the charts available online.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I believe that beginner skiiers are at more risk from DIN settings which are too high than too low, where the binding does not release in a slow fall. My advice for a beginner would be:
- Learn how to adjust your own bindings. Take an adjustment tool with you
- Go lower than the recommended setting ie. if 5.5 is recommended, try 4.5 or 5.
- If the ski releases prematurely, then increase the DIN settings, front and back, on both skis by 0.5.
- Keep going until the desired number is found.
Mick
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
penster, I still adjust mine the same way. Keep em low and if they pop unexpectedly then raise by 0.5.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy