Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any seasonnaires out there...

Poster: A snowHead
...fancy sharing their experience. As part of my ski-finder site we have recently launched a blog (news,snow reports and features). One of my friends who helps me with the site added a "Seasonaire spotlight" feature which is showing positive early signs. Are there any snowheads who would like to answer a few questions about their experience as a seasonaire? If so, let me know by posting below.

Here is our first one if you fancy a read: http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/blog/?p=57

Also interested in any other comments on the blog which is very new!

p.s. feel free to delete or move this post if it's deemed too "spammy"...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski-finder, our sH seoannaires tend to share with us here on sHs- a classic example is here. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi ski-finder, pm me no worries, would love to help out if needed?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles indeed, I've seen reports etc and loads of really useful advice coming from the seasonaires on snowHead looking to stick a few of them in one place, we have a number of interviewees in the pipeline but I wanted some snowheads on there too if interested. Also we're trying to ask some of less obvious questions I guess to keep it fresh.

the_doc, cool thanks. Will PM over some questions Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski-finder, you can pm me too if you need to!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ski-finder wrote:
...fancy sharing their experience. As part of my ski-finder site we have recently launched a blog (news,snow reports and features). One of my friends who helps me with the site added a "Seasonaire spotlight" feature which is showing positive early signs. Are there any snowheads who would like to answer a few questions about their experience as a seasonaire? If so, let me know by posting below.

Here is our first one if you fancy a read: http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/blog/?p=57

Also interested in any other comments on the blog which is very new!

p.s. feel free to delete or move this post if it's deemed too "spammy"...

Possibly.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kenzie, is that possibly you would like to share? If so I will drop you a PM.

Another recent interview here if anyone is interested:
http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/blog/?p=118

marcellus and the_doc shall PM over the questions Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski-finder, work away, done quite a few season, including summer ones. PM the questions and i'll fill them in for you,

Andy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowcone, welcome to snowheads! Thank you would love to hear about your experience in those places! Shall PM you!

freestyleandy, nice... shall PM some questions over to you as well.

Should I post the whole items on snowHead is there a logical place for them to go? suggestions on a postcard!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seasonnaires sounds like some yuppy public school word?

What happened to "Ski Bum"?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton, went when the old railway station (which had the cheapest restaurant for reasonable food) disappeared from St Anton. Used to be a real hang-out for the ski bums.

Also, 'ski-bum' probably doesn't suit the tone of the site being pimped.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton wrote:

You have to do more than 1 season to be qualify as a ski bum.

Esapecially for those who has a job to return to, don't qualify as any kind of bum.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't mind answering any questions, but I don't think you mean peeps like me somehow.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles wrote:
Used to be a real hang-out for the ski bums..
Indeed Very Happy

abc wrote:
You have to do more than 1 season to be qualify as a ski bum..
10+ yrs IMO.

abc wrote:
Esapecially for those who has a job to return to, don't qualify as any kind of bum.

If I ran a business in the Mountains I would always take preference to employing a local and then a Ski Bum ( I know folk who have this policy) who lives & breathes snowsports.
Yuppy, or Gap Year Seasonnaires would be my last choice as to them it just a 3 month holiday & zero customer service.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 24-06-09 10:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski if you would be happy to answer some questions I'd be really pleased to get your input, it would be good to have a mixture of responses... do you fall into stanton's definition of a ski bum? wink
snow conditions
stanton, you talk balls mate. Go away.
snow report
Quote:

to be qualify as a ski bum

You have to qualify to be a bum now? Do I have to do a course as well? Will the qualification be recognised in many countries? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
ski-finder, Depends - I'm a full time professional ski teacher and I live in resort (nearly) all the time! Also, I'm old! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
[pimping]

easiski, maybe we could do an instructor spotlight instead Smile

[/pimping]
snow report
I'm not a ski-bum but if you want to throw a chalet owner/general dogsbody snowHead into the mix, I'd be happy to answer some questions for you.
snow conditions
ski-finder, It depends if you just want 'real' seasonals interest - that's different TBH to people like myself and Lizzard, who have actually done the dirty and live the dream! Laughing
ski holidays
easiski, Smile
latest report
Ski Bum Captain Jack Carey

http://www.skinet.com/general/2003-09/ski-bumming-telluride

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=32496123
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Seasonnaire = anyone doing a season in a ski resort.
Ski bum = a seasonnaire who is doing said season, but not working in resort (ie skiing every day the weather allows).
snow report
ski-finder wrote:
Kenzie, is that possibly you would like to share? If so I will drop you a PM.

Another recent interview here if anyone is interested:
http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/blog/?p=118

marcellus and the_doc shall PM over the questions Smile

PM me & I'll see what I can do.
snow conditions
You can Pm me if you want, might take a while for me to reply though as I'm not online that much these days.
latest report
Nothing to do with OP but I didn't want to start a thread for this but can anyone tell me the name of the company that hires couples only for season workers? Cheers NB.
snow conditions
NomadicBoo wrote:
Nothing to do with OP but I didn't want to start a thread for this but can anyone tell me the name of the company that hires couples only for season workers? Cheers NB.

Better to try on Natives.co.uk with this question.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NomadicBoo, Silver Ski hire couples....not exclusively though
latest report
NomadicBoo, I think it depends on the chalet. Some companies prefer couples for their larger chalets and singles for the smaller ones.
I'll keep you posted if I see anything!
ski holidays
Have done a season in Tignes last winter, and will be in the Canadian Rockies next winter, so if you need any info on life as a seasonnaire (or ski-bum, as you wish) you can PM me!!
snow conditions
Guvnor, RPF, Thanks!
snow conditions
NomadicBoo, Mountain Heaven....... La Rosiere- Plagne 1800 - Montalbert
snow report
Nookie, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
ski holidays
Nookie, thanks for that - PM sent Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy