Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finding accommodation in Italy from midweek to midweek

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was thinking of organising my own trip for four people to Italy for early March, does anyone know what is the cheapest way to find accommodation in some of the more popular resorts? Are there any good websites that do late deals or is it cheaper to wait for a late package deal from a Tour Operator? Would it be possible to get somewhere midweek to midweek rather than weekend to weekend?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 3-02-05 10:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hannah29, Thanks for the advice, I have been to Livigno before and stayed in the Europa Hotel, it was very nice but self catering would be fine this time around. If we hire a car do you know are snow chains or roof rack for skis provided or are they extra?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hannah29, Thanks that's useful to know. ; Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was thinking of going out and returning midweek now, does anyone know if getting accommodation will be difficult?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
.hannah29, Thanks. If anyone knows of reasonably priced accommodation in France either that might be available Wednesday the 2nd to Weds the 9th let me know.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Ross, we thought we would have problems last year in Italy but just call closer to the date. You'll find the same problem all over the place that normally just book sat - sat or sun - sun. If you get closer to the date when they know they may not sell both weeks then they will be more willing to sell to an "awkward" customer. Get a list from the local Tourist Office of the place you want to go to then just keep ringing them and e-mailing them, letting them know that you are still looking........do it every week until you get a result.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dan, did you get a good deal in the end or did you just pay the normal price?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter Ross, if you're looking for an apartment, try a PM to chris (about 57 in memeberlist) in Serre Chevalier, he has an apartment which we have stayed in wed-wed before. Also PG and David@traxvax can sometimes help. Failing that pick a resort or two and e-mail tourist office .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Helen, I might try that, I am still trying to get everyone moving in the same direction regarding dates but wanted to check feasability of midweek to midweek.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peter Ross, got a good deal, got no idea how good a deal as didn't know the normal prices, but nice, comfortable, well located B&B in Courmayeur. We had a double room, ensuite with cooking facilities if i wanted to use them, B&B. My dad came with us as well and had the same sort of room as us, but had to pay a 10 euro a night (I knocked him down from 30) (i think) single suppliment.

It does take a bit of effort - well copying & pasting the same e-mail ( wink ), and calling a couple of them. I have also used www.flexiblebreaks.com before but now not sure i'd use again for a fully catered holiday, but if you were just looking for B&B (or just B) then i'd certainly think about it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy