Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation tips for Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has any accommodation recommendations for Verbier, have to say the webpage www.verbier.ch is probably the worst I've ever seen with regards to accommodation links.

We are looking for a B&B/ Hotel Garni or possibly an apartment for two people (most of the self catering listed is for large chalets which are super super expensive)

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow09bride, I think that this place - http://www.hotelposteverbier.ch/ - is good value. It's a family-run simple hotel, with wholesome but not fancy food, brilliantly situated near the Medran lift. Worth trying to get a room on the back, though, to avoid being woken up at 2am by drunken hooray henries. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow09bride, Look up Max and Millies its a BnB in Le Chable, its cheaper than Verbier and a good ski location but without the Verbier apres or price tag. I've not stayed there but have heard good things. I have been in contact with them recently and they have been very helpful.
I hope to be there all next season so look me up if you make it Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snow09bride, www.verbinet.com Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stay in Nendaz and can, I believe, be at the top of Mont Fort before the Verbier residents. Nendaz has plenty of apartments and is significantly cheaper then Verbier. Of course I know that the mention of Verbier and Nendaz in the same breath gets some people really hot under the collar so I suggest it to you without trying to sell the virtues of it as a base in the 4-vallees (I also declare my bias as an apartment owner in Nendaz!).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did see a bit more choice in Nendaz alright! What is the town like, is there much of an apre or restaurants and things, its not the be all and end all if not but we dont like to be too isolated in the evenings.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are more then enough restaurants in town although obviously overpriced and sometimes a bit snooty (we are still in Switzerland...). There are also 4 or 5 supermarkets including a large Co-Op that sells everything you could need. Apre revolves around 3 or 4 bars (the Cactus, the Canadian and one or two others) and can get pretty rowdy on the right nights. There are at least 2 discos in town buit i suspect they are mainly for Swiss teenages (never been awake late enough to go!!!!). Finally there are a few good wine bars for a quite evening drink if you want and recently there is a very smart tea lounge that has opened (sounds cr-p but actually is extremely pleasant).

I don't think you will find Nendaz isolated, it just is pretty relaxed and certainly is not "pumping" like the mega resorts (Verbier, Meribel, St Anton etc). Also would recommend you stay near to the centre as some of the newer built apartments, while very smart, are on the outskirts of town.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy