Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2009 Atomic race GS 11

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have found those for Euro 249 Very Happy (plus Euro 40 for getting them shipped to the UK) online today and am now dithering... I skied them in January for a week and have been kicking myself ever since for not buying a pair.

BUT on Saturday I tried a couple of skis at the hemel event and am now suffering from indecision as a result. I really loved the K2 Free Luv one's and the Atomic slalom skis. Puzzled

(arguably I could of course buy the GS11s now and wait for the K2s to go down in price after Christmas...)

Any views?!?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
schneeflocke, in a back to back I found the SX11 a faster and better ski on the hard stuff. Stiffer torsionally but a tiny bit softer in the nose so it hooked in and locked into a death grip on ice but didn't release abruptly like the GS when you came back to weight the tails to fire out of the turn. I suppose the easiest way to describe the difference is that the SX has a much bigger sweet-spot than the GS without losing anything in speed, control and certainly not in response. Try them longer than you think you should, the 183s on L2A's glacier ice were astonishing.

Ummm . . . has your 'source' got the SXs in stock for that sort of price as well? I so please PM me the URL. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, thanks for that. Now even more undecided (but in a good way Smile ). I sent you a message with the link though I couldn't see that particular ski though.

The length of the ski is the other issue though - with the race carver and the K2 I have worked out that I am enjoying myself most with 166s and 163s (though 5/6 cms more would probably not hurt) respectively being just under 5.8 (172 to be precise) myself...

Thanks anyway!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Such angst. If you will look at german ebay shops, what do you expect.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
schneeflocke, I've not skied any of these specific skis, but this is a bit of a strange choice - you are looking here at four completely different types of ski. A GS ski is for making fairly large radius turns at high speed, but are not particularly manouevrable if you're not really on top of it; a slalom ski is for tighter turns at moderate speed, and will be very (dangerously?) twitchy if you get to high speed; Masque's SX11s are a half-way house between those two. I don't know what your experience level is (so forgive me if I underestimate you), but remember that these are all advanced to expert skis - if you're not at that level (which your Soelden post may indicate) then they will punish you big time. The Free Luvs look to be a more all-mountain all-purpose ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy