Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Self Package: Canada Feb / Mar 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Only seems like 5 minutes since this season ended, I've not had my summer holiday and our thoughts turn to the winter already. Does anyone have any pointers to good direct booking agents / websites for accommodation in Banff / Fernie? Last season a large group of us successfully got to France and back for a week and this year up to 6-8 of us fancy a jaunt further a field. Or rather 6-8 plus the pending addition that was a by product of apres ski in France with my best beloved and a fellow snowhead Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

plus the pending addition that was a by product of apres ski in France with my best beloved and a fellow snowhead

Now you could read this the wrong way Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
always29, When we did Fernie on our own, we went with the Fernie Lodging Co

http://www.fernielodgingco.com/

we stayed in the river rock lodge - great place!

but we also did another trip using Frontier Travel, we paid a small premium but we actualyl costed it up and would have saved maybe £50 a head, the extra services and reassurance of a local rep were worth it for us. That tie we stayed in polar peak lodges, again a nice place to stay
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't add much intelligence on who to use as an agent but either Banff of Fernie are definitely worth the trip and there is always serious amounts of snow. Watch the weather as it can get seriously cold (esp in Jan) but you should be ok by Feb/March. If you can afford to would recommend stretching to 10 days as its longer haul and given time difference/jet lag.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For Banff, you could try http://www.bestofbanff.com/, who have stuff around town, or just look in trip advisor to see what's there. However, we have costed going it alone compared to a package and found that the savings are negligible, once you add in deals we got on ski lessons (2 for 1) and lift passes (free for kids) - of course you may be able to get deals direct too, but the package suited us that time. It may not be right for you, but check them out before rejecting them.

We are planning to non-package to Canada the year after next, as we intend going to a few different places, rather than stay in just one.

For what it's worth, I think that Banff would entertain most skiers for a fortnight with ease, and is a big enough town that there should be things to do other than ski. We've been there the last three years (because we rate the Big 3 Ski school kids program), and Jasper the year before, which was also good, but limited skiing (probably OK for a week, but two might be pushing it). Not been anywhere else in Canada, so can't comment.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B wrote:
Quote:

plus the pending addition that was a by product of apres ski in France with my best beloved and a fellow snowhead

Now you could read this the wrong way Shocked

Ooh yes it could be read the wrong way, stupid me - my best beloved is the fellow snowhead, not between him and someone else, now that would be shocking!

Thanks for all the input everyone - we went to Banff 2 years ago but Fernie has on mountain accomodation and this is an attractive prospect - although I can't imagine I am going to get a lot of time on the mountain on my planks with a 3 month old.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went to Banff last Jan - pretty cold but excellent conditions. Booked through Frontier Ski (based in London I think). Excellent service throughout. You must try the Snowmobiling out at Golden. Fantastic, costs a bit but well worth the 2 hour trip out. Had a blast !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frontier Ski seem like a good option to us too. We're looking to heading to Panorama in December - just need to find out if this is too early for decent snow...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi there, we travel to USA every year and use VRBO (vacation rental by owner) and Homeaway. We end up paying approx $50 per night negotiating with owner. AND always get a luxury condo!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy