Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel - some questions

Poster: A snowHead
With Saturday's bash approaching I've some questions which I'm sure all snowheads will want answering too. Are there others that I have missed?

Toofy Grin Helmets - Compulsory for kids and those in red jackets. What is the collective wisdom on helmets for others?

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Snow Chains - St Albans Hill is very steep. I remember having snow in June back in 1976. Should I bring my chains or would I be better buying winter tyres?

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Luggage - I'm planning on bringing 2 pairs of skis, boots and clothes etc. Will I get charged extra for entry?

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Beer Prices - I've heard that beer down south can be as much as £3 a pint, is that true? If so I'll fill the boot of the car with cans.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B, thanks. Was wondering about all that stuff but was afraid to ask Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B wrote:
With Saturday's bash approaching I've some questions which I'm sure all snowheads will want answering too. Are there others that I have missed?

Toofy Grin Helmets - Compulsory for kids and those in red jackets. What is the collective wisdom on helmets for others?

I forgot to mention, as part of the reduced price slope time everyone has to wear a helmet. Something to do with lower insurance costs on the night, or something.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Shocked or Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Is the mojo getting an outing?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
rob@rar, Shocked or Laughing

You know me, not one to joke about safety.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Is the mojo getting an outing?
it will indeed (and the helmet!). If anyone wants to see it working then just ask and I shall drop my trollies.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
I forgot to mention, as part of the reduced price slope time everyone has to wear a helmet.
Whatever you do, please dont tell or even joke about this to the minimums or i'll get no end of nagging! wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, Laughing Laughing

you forgot to add Do i need special insurance that covers indoor snow, travel directions, toll road costs, the optimal ski and wax combination.....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
148 Snowheads and 2 others in a small space: surely special insurance would be necessary even if they weren't skiing.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin what's the best insurance for off-piste (i.e. the bar) - can one buy a single trip policy or annual better?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is the ski school any good? wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can I bring my boots in my hand luggage?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone know a TO that does flights from Gatwick to Stanstead? I really don't fancy independently travelling around the M25.
ski holidays
are the questions for the test skis multiple choice or do i need to submit a full written answer?
ski holidays
Cough....was it a serious point about lids being compulsory?
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Only in the scrum for the bar I think. wink
ski holidays
Will Reps be able to lead any groups into the powder off-piste, or are any UIAGM guides going to be there? The light can sometimes be a little flat Wink. Hemel does have a permanent ice layer under the snow, so does it count as a glacier? Or is that only Tamworth and MK NehNeh ?

(Ah, just remembered gilleski has his additional post-ISTD off-piste qual so we should be OK)
ski holidays
GrahamN, I'm planning a bit of off-piste touring off the side of the 'black' run running round the outside of the building. Needless to say a full TR with several thousand photos will be posted here soon. Only problem is sourcing some grass-skis fitted with touring bindings Smile
latest report
narc Very Happy

I notice that SCGB membership gets you a Hemel membership reduction, though I have not yet discovered if it gets a reduction on skiing and lessons.

Is the SCGB going to have a rep here, or has the resort banned them after Shenanigate? How soon till the Ski Club is attacked for their Hemel off-piste policy.
latest report
Cough....was it a serious point about lids being compulsory?

Gotcha Wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, rob@rar, I was within a whisker of asking the same question. Embarassed Embarassed Laughing
latest report
rob@rar, can I suggest that you wear one.........even in the bar Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad wink Laughing
snow report
Hurtle, It is compulsory for anyone under 16 and over 50.
snow conditions
snowball, anyone mentioning SCGB will be forced to buy the next round. Twisted Evil
snow report
rob@rar, can I suggest that you wear one.........even in the bar Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad wink Laughing
And Twisted Evil Spyderman too.
ski holidays
Hurtle, I was at a meeting last week when a bloke got us all a pearler. The meeting was to do with a course being run by coaches at our rugby club for kids with behavioral problems. We have got funding to see if playing rugby can help kids with such issues. One coach works for the council in this field and used to be a history teacher and he told us about one lad that kept shouting out words such as KEEP, PORTCULLIS, PARAPET,....left a pause and then said......we think he had Turret Syndrome. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing
ski holidays
snowball, Yes, 55% off membership and 30% off recreational and lessons. Very Happy
snow report
gsb wrote:
snowball, Yes, 55% off membership and 30% off recreational and lessons. Very Happy
Watch this space for news of snowHeads discounts... Wink
snow conditions
HELP!!! I need to get fit in 2 days as I'm going skiing on Saturday. Have I left it too late do you think? snowHead
latest report
cathy wrote:
HELP!!! I need to get fit in 2 days as I'm going skiing on Saturday. Have I left it too late do you think? snowHead

forget the skiing it is probably too late, just enjoy the atmosphere and the apres ski Toofy Grin
snow report
Do I have time to was my socks and ski trousers? Will they dry in time?
ski holidays
When you 'was' socks you presumably return them to how they were?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy