Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kaprun/Zell Am Zee 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Nothing to report yet. Will post a report in July, but thooht I'd prepare the ground now, as it were.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I posted on Sat on the Austria thread. Was up at Kitzsteinhorn last week and Friday was amazing. Fresh powder and blue skies. Earlier in the week we went from +32C on the Tuesday afternoon to -2C on the Wed morning!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
6 weeks to go, please don't all melt!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Ghost Dog, just to give you a quick update, snow today was good til 12ish, 4degrees at 3000meters but cold wind which kept the snow hard,You can still ski down to the alpine center,just, hardly anyone about just the usual training groups. Have fun when you go,dont worry, it wont all melt!!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
29 sleeps to go! After mulling inumerable options, decided to do my second week in Zell. Swayed by very good offer from the Grand Hotel. Same price as a week in a Chalet in Kaprun. Be interesting to see which week I enjoy more.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ghost Dog, i've stayed at the Grand Hotel in the summer and it's great!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ghost Dog,

How much?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Family of four in a 2 room suite 1400 euro half board. That compares well with the £1300ish for Esprit in a 2 room suite with catering done by gap year teenagers. And includes a sailing lesson.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone been on the glacier recently?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ghost Dog, was up there on Thurs 18/6 and it was looking good with runs down to the Alpincneter at 2500m.

By Saturday 20/6 there was 20 cm fresh at the Alpincenter. Thus far the best summer for snow on the glacier for a few years IMHO.

Enjoy!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
20cm forecast for Saturday night, the weather must know I'm coming. 1/2 a sleep to go! (6am flight)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To ski or not to ski? , that is the question! We have just arrived in zell am see and tomorrow is
my first wedding aniversary. We only have tomorrow here and than we are Harding back as we are touring germany in my campervan and have to gat back to London next week. Anyway the weather has been bad with rain and cold for last 24 hrs. Through the mist I can see snow on zells muntain down to 1500 m! The landlady of the hotel says the glacier at kaprun will have loads of fresh snow tommorow! Do I go or not? The wife doest fancy it but says I should go. We also have no ski gear so will have to hire everything Inc socks and gloves. Do they do that ? Will prob cost a small fortune for a few hours sliding!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
daveqpr, Let us know if you did. Don't you have any ordinary socks with you? Don't you have trousers and fleeces? 2 pairs of trousers, T shirts, fleeces and windcheaters (kagool sort of thing) is fine for most summer days. you should both go. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As reported in the piste we went and had a great day. 35 cm fresh powder overnight at 2500 m. Great runs till about 11 then really really chopped up pistes. Slushy by 1 pm. A great day for July 19. Overhead conditions were sun and clouds with slight wind. Cloud level about 2900 m so just beneath top
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was up on 20th, so hot I should have been skking in shorts. Had to ski down to Alpincenter and rent a locker for gloves and jacket. T Shirt weather. We all got a bit burnt despite slathering ourselves in Factor 50. Was ok to about 12.30, then time to ski back to Alpincenter for beer and Tiroler Grostl.

Spent second week in Zell and got upgraded at the Grand to huge suite with a sauna and jacuzzi. Result!

BTW the Grand does free bike rental, saving £60 a day for a family of four, really was good value.
snow conditions
Pictures would be nice.
latest report

ski holidays
Snow al the way doen to the Alpincenter, I knew watching that camera wasn't a waste of time!
ski holidays
Yeah, the Hohe Tauern mountain range got quite a bit of new snow. Yesterday morning the weather station at the Rudolfs hut (which is just on the other side of the Kitzsteinhorn at the Gletscherwelt Weisssee ski resort) at an altitude of 2310m reported 18cm new snow.

Sadly it is reported to get a bit milder again during the next days. However, the high alpine regions got a first glimpse of winter.
snow report
Kommt hier der schnee! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/salzburg/schmittenhoehe
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy