Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BSM Ski Storage?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our next trip finishes in Tignes on Sunday 6th March. We are getting the evening train home from Bourg St Maurice but we return there by train the next Saturday (arr 0719) for a week in Arcs 2000.

To save lugging skis all the way home (including across Paris) and back again does anyone know if there is somewhere we could leave our skis for a week?

Realising collecting early on Saturday morning might be a problem (we'd be on a TO transfer), would it be possible to leave our skis with a BSM ski shop and for them to service them and then deliver them to a partner Arcs 2000 ski shop for us to collect the next weekend?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pete, you could try Twinner in BSM, they have a shop in Arc 2000 as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Polaire Star, the ski hire place next to the funicular and minutes walk from the station. It's run by a British couple who are very friendly and helpful - we used them for the last two weeks. Not sure they could arrange a delivery to a partner ski shop though, but they're open from 8:30am if that's not too late. If they don't, Intersport are based just around the corner (more into the centre of town) and there's an Intersport in Arc 2000.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

It's run by a British couple who are very friendly and helpful.
Gordon & Rosie. Storeage is 3 Euros/day. Free while you've rented from them. And if anyone is ever renting from Polaire Star contact PG in advance for a special snowHeads 5% discount.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kuwait_ian, I'd forgotten Gordon's name, despite getting very drunk with his son the last night we were there Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skanky, and Tom being a super-fit sportsman as well! Not good enough wink

Pete Horn, what time's your transfer up to 2000? Polaire Star opens 7.30 to 8. If it's earlier, you could leave your gear with me if that helps - don't mind meeting you off the train, as my posts show I'm always up then anyway...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG, his team mate has a bust hand and seemed to be getting the rounds in.... Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks PG, I'll get in touch with Polaire Star. There's 8 of us travelling together arriving BSM 0719 and Skiworld will be doing the transfer up to Arc 2000. The transfer time will be when we are all ready, if it's just the 8 of us no one will mind hanging on a few minutes for Polaire Star to open. If I have problems I might take you up on your offer, thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy