Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cortina Ampezzo and Sella Ronda - Roads information sought

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of going to Dolomites possibly a week around Cortina Ampezzo and then another week to Sella Ronda.

Will coming from the North via Innsbruck (Bremmer Pass) so would like to know which road would be close in winter time.

Last time staying in Selva Gardena the road to Corvara was close so not too sure what are the roads like beyond Corvara.

I shall be driving from Austria via the A22 (E45), just want to stay somewhere near Contina Ampezzo and then another accommodation opposite Selva Gardena in Sella Ronda. The two stations should give me a better coverage to what Dolomites can offer.

Link roads that are known to open all years round between A22-Contina Ampezzo-Arabba will be good enough.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From the Brenner motorway take the SS49 to Dobiacco then the SS51 to Cortina. These roads are kept open. From Cortina to Selva, the most direct route takes you over the Falzarego Pass and the Gardena Pass. These are mostly kept open but should only be tackled on winter tyres and may require the use of chains. Of course if the weather is so disastrous that you want to avoid mountain passes altogether, you could always head back the way you came to the motorway and take the SS242 up Val Gardena to Selva.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you were unlucky to find the Selva-Corvara road closed, but the road `from Selva to Val di Fassa should still be open, and there is a branch off that to Arabba, which is the way our bus went to Cinque Torri.

Certainly every TO organises trips to the Hidden Valley (usually including Cinque Torri first) from both Selva and Val di Fassa, so there is almost always a route open suitable for buses.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Guys. Good information.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy