Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Le Battaix (or Le Bettex) near Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm organising a trip for a group of family friends over half term, adults and children. We're thinking of taking a chalet in Le Bettaix (also known as Le Bettex I think) near Les Menuires.

We don't want/need nightlife as we tend to stay in the chalet and chill out, but having been to La Tania over the last couple of years I was worried that we might feel a little "stranded" in Le Bettaix if we don't have a car, as there seems to be very little there and I am not sure it is possible to get to Les Menuires easily if the chairlift is not working. For example to pop out to a shop or similar in the evening before dinner.

Could anyone advise as to whether that's likely to be the case, or am I worrying about stuff I don't need to? Puzzled

During the day if we need to bring anything back from Les Menuires then can ski with it in a backpack etc.

It looks ok for slope access from there, take the chairlift up in the morning and then ski off ... A bit more of a pain to get into Les Menuires croisette as it then means another lift but avoiding that area might be good at the start of the day as there are likely to be crowds.

Our group is mainly intermediates, varying abilities with one or two strong skiers.

Thanks for any views/advice!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SteveM, I asked about this place last year too, here are a couple of threads:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=893688&highlight=bettex#893688

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=993229&highlight=bettex#993229

HTH a bit snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sarah, Thanks for the pointers. Looks like we are going to go for it in Le Bettaix Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SteveM, You'll see my post on the first ling from sarah, , skiing back with a back pack shouldn't be a problem, its an easy blue back down from Les M, there are no shops in Le Bettaix, only one ski shop, twinner which is small, if your renting gear get there as early as you can.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SteveM, I'm curious - what attracts you to that place?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27 wrote:
SteveM, I'm curious - what attracts you to that place?

We've skied at the Courchevel end of the Three Valleys for a couple of seasons, so would like a bit of a change, considered going elsewhere as well. But the main influence was me looking around for a reasonable stand alone chalet where we could get sole occupancy for 16 over Feb half term and I was not finding too many options. Was offered a reasonable deal on one here and it seems to me that it is within reasonable reach of the slopes above Les Menuires and Val Thorens, can ski back to pretty close to chalet, etc.

I was posting the question really to check that I was not blundering into some terrible mistake!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
radar, thanks for the advice. I believe the chalet organises a mobile service to come to the chalet, which we have done in the past and it is much more relaxing than queueing in the shop on Saturday afternoon/evening, although perhaps a bit more hit and miss as to what equipment you end up with as you can't see the possible choices as you rent. But equally we've never had a problem swapping in shop if needed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SteveM, As the choice was limited it convinced my spouse to go and buy ski's Very Happy, I think its a pretty good location, there's a nice bar to stop off on the way back just at the start of the blue, after the main buildings of Les M, their very welcoming, yes and they are French. In the morning everyone seems to head towards Meribel, we would to La Masse first thing which pretty quite, and them head off to were ever
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SteveM, yes I see - makes sense then Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SteveM,
I think Bettaix is a good choise. A pretty small village with a good restaurant "Le Frison" (http://www.artofsnow.net/13.html) with a dutch cook.
It is 500 meters walking from the old 2-p chairlift to Les Menuires. Then you go down 150 metres to the chairlift Tortelet and you will arrive in Brelin/Croisette. In the morning between 9 and 10 you have to wait some time for the first lift. Going down in the afternoon to Bettaix is very easy on a green slope that start in Croisette.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks 123_456, have now taken the plunge and booked up! Just got to wait 8 months before I get there to see for myself Crying or Very sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy