Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ride Fever Snowboard?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

Going to buy my first board and love the Ride Fever. I've been told it's beginner/intermediate but I want it to last, and as a beginner I think it is perfect.

Anyone have any reviews on the Fever?

Alos, what size should I go for? I'm 5'6, 8 and half stone with size 5 feet.

Thanks
Jodie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm that size, stone heavier, ride a 151.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fever is ok for beg/int and will do you ok once you get better. What do you like about the fever? The picture? If you're worried about it being not good enough once you learn look at the Promise. Don't look at burton feather or other such beginner specific boards, pretty much a waste of time.
Look at the weight rating for the board as well, womens boards seem to be designed for size zero, 40 kilo, 5 foot freaks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When looking at boards, the fever did take my fancy and then when chatting to the guy in the shop about various boards he recommended the fever as he rides the male version and said out of his 10 years of riding, the fever has been his fav board, kinda went on his word. Plus there are some great deals on them - £170 for the Fever and bag, sounds pretty good to me.

What you all think?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Jodie,

Haven't ridden it myself but my mate's an instructor and rode the Fever most of last season. She rode a 144 and I reckon she's pretty close to you in terms of height, etc.
Really depends on what you think you'll be doing with it. If you're heading indoors in the UK or on piste/in the park in the mountains and want something jibby, go for the 144. If you envisage yourself off piste a lot then maybe go for a 147 or whatever the next size up is. A shorter board will be easier to turn and give you extra confidence, especially on steeps. I wouldn't go for the 151. I have a 152 and am 5'8", 9 stone and size 7 feet and only use it for powder days; I use my 146 for everything else.

Just some ideas.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jode_123 wrote:
When looking at boards, the fever did take my fancy and then when chatting to the guy in the shop about various boards he recommended the fever as he rides the male version and said out of his 10 years of riding, the fever has been his fav board, kinda went on his word. Plus there are some great deals on them - £170 for the Fever and bag, sounds pretty good to me.

What you all think?

Go for it. Be careful on the size though. Just my view, but don't buy anything that comes higher than your chin.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey faceplantress, thanks for your advice, I think I'd feel more confident with a smaller board, I'm looking for a board that I can use on the indoor slopes a few times a month and for holidays, just on powder, on piste, general riding and something that will last me. I think I'll look at the 144 then or around that as that seems the best bet. Thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jode_123, your stats are about the same as my wife and she learnt and still rides on a 145.
good luck Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jode_123, smaller board for indoors and park, longer for piste and longer again for powder. it's a compromise we all have to make because we don't all get to have a board for this and one for that, you need to decide which is most important. fortunately for me there are no domes in ireland (did i just say that?) so i just went a bit longer for my powder laden hols Razz
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rogg, rockers Smile I bought a 157 with rocker as my powder board and took a 158 normal camber for freestyle Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OMATIC BENETAR.... BUY IIIIT NOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!! you will thank me...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy